Utah Utes football: Reggie Topps to return to Utes after season opener
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah defensive back Reggie Topps, who was suspended in April for an undisclosed violation of team rules, will be reinstated after the Utes' season opener against Northern Colorado on Aug. 30.
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham made the announcement after practice Tuesday, noting that Topps' return is pending the continued "great job that he has done so far."
Topps, a senior, is the Utes' most experienced nickel back. He's appeared in 38 games for the Utes, making 49 tackles.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16