Our take: In light of the economic pitfalls of the last decade, the ideas and economic theories of Milton Friedman and his position on deregulation have been questioned and called to be fallible. Niall Ferguson, in this address, defends Friedman's theories and explains how these ideas have proven to usually be right.
Milton had this wonderful mage which I repeat all the time and this is what he said:
"You've got a boat, and it has a hole in the front and it's starting to sink and somebody says 'what are we going to do to level the boat?'
Milton says, if you're a socialist you'll bash a hole in the back of the boat.
Read more about Niall Ferguson: 'Milton Friedman's legacy for free-market thinke on Scribd.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage debate...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 84
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 63
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 38
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 36