Our take: In light of the economic pitfalls of the last decade, the ideas and economic theories of Milton Friedman and his position on deregulation have been questioned and called to be fallible. Niall Ferguson, in this address, defends Friedman's theories and explains how these ideas have proven to usually be right.
Milton had this wonderful mage which I repeat all the time and this is what he said:
"You've got a boat, and it has a hole in the front and it's starting to sink and somebody says 'what are we going to do to level the boat?'
Milton says, if you're a socialist you'll bash a hole in the back of the boat.
Read more about Niall Ferguson: 'Milton Friedman's legacy for free-market thinke on Scribd.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 44
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 37
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 28
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22