Our take: In light of the economic pitfalls of the last decade, the ideas and economic theories of Milton Friedman and his position on deregulation have been questioned and called to be fallible. Niall Ferguson, in this address, defends Friedman's theories and explains how these ideas have proven to usually be right.
Milton had this wonderful mage which I repeat all the time and this is what he said:
"You've got a boat, and it has a hole in the front and it's starting to sink and somebody says 'what are we going to do to level the boat?'
Milton says, if you're a socialist you'll bash a hole in the back of the boat.
Read more about Niall Ferguson: 'Milton Friedman's legacy for free-market thinke on Scribd.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29