Gerald Herbert, Associated Press
Our take: High school sweethearts Ann and Mitt Romney could be considered co-candidates in the presidential race, according to NPR. Ann's faith and prayers played a significant role in Romney's decision to run, and because of her tenacity and love for her husband, she continues to have a positive impact on his campaign.
If you want to see how much Mitt and Ann Romney consider themselves a team, check out his official portrait at the Massachusetts Statehouse. He's the first governor to request that an image of his wife be included in the painting he's posed beside a framed picture of her.
By all accounts, the Romneys consult each other on everything. So after a bruising campaign in 2008 that left Mrs. Romney openly disgusted by the process and vowing she would never do it again, it looked like that might be it for Mitt.
But as resolute as Ann Romney was then, she was equally firm, just two years later, that her husband simply had to run again.
Speaking in Orlando, Fla., just a few months after her husband officially declared himself a candidate, she explained to a crowd of supporters: "I have the same voices or feelings or intuition, women's intuition, right now again that we need to jump off the cliff again. There are not many people that can save this country and turn it around it needs a turnaround."
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20