Patric Schneider, Associated Press
OAKLAND, Calif. — The Oakland Athletics have acquired shortstop Stephen Drew from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for minor league infielder Sean Jamieson.
The A's announced the trade in the seventh inning of Monday night's game against the Minnesota Twins, and Drew is expected to join Oakland in time to play the middle game of the series on Tuesday. He recently returned after being sidelined for nearly a year with a fractured right ankle.
The 29-year-old Drew is batting .193 with two home runs and 12 RBIs in 40 games since coming back June 26.
Oakland, a surprise contender this season, had been looking for a consistent regular in the middle of the infield given the struggles and injuries of Cliff Pennington and Adam Rosales.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27