Patric Schneider, Associated Press
OAKLAND, Calif. — The Oakland Athletics have acquired shortstop Stephen Drew from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for minor league infielder Sean Jamieson.
The A's announced the trade in the seventh inning of Monday night's game against the Minnesota Twins, and Drew is expected to join Oakland in time to play the middle game of the series on Tuesday. He recently returned after being sidelined for nearly a year with a fractured right ankle.
The 29-year-old Drew is batting .193 with two home runs and 12 RBIs in 40 games since coming back June 26.
Oakland, a surprise contender this season, had been looking for a consistent regular in the middle of the infield given the struggles and injuries of Cliff Pennington and Adam Rosales.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams provides...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42