Patric Schneider, Associated Press
OAKLAND, Calif. — The Oakland Athletics have acquired shortstop Stephen Drew from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for minor league infielder Sean Jamieson.
The A's announced the trade in the seventh inning of Monday night's game against the Minnesota Twins, and Drew is expected to join Oakland in time to play the middle game of the series on Tuesday. He recently returned after being sidelined for nearly a year with a fractured right ankle.
The 29-year-old Drew is batting .193 with two home runs and 12 RBIs in 40 games since coming back June 26.
Oakland, a surprise contender this season, had been looking for a consistent regular in the middle of the infield given the struggles and injuries of Cliff Pennington and Adam Rosales.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 141
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21