1. Bingham (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat West Jordan, 28-0. Outlook: The offense certainly struggled at times, but the defense was dominant in opening game of the season. Next up: vs. Alta, at Rice-Eccles Stadium, Saturday.
2. East (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Pine View, 35-0. Outlook: Lived up to the hype with convincing victory over Pine View, and also changed complexion of 3A by knocking Pine View QB out for the season. Next up: at West, Friday.
3. Alta (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Timpview, 33-31. Outlook: Survived seesaw slugfest with Timpview, which should prepare Hawks for Week 2's Black & Blue classic with Bingham. Next up: vs. Bingham, at Rice-Eccles Stadium, Saturday.
4. Jordan (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Fremont, 53-12. Outlook: The experienced 'Diggers absolutely overwhelmed Fremont in the opener on both sides of the ball. Next up: vs. Layton, Friday.
5. Syracuse (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Desert Hills, 38-13. Outlook: QB Brock Anderson enjoyed a fantastic first game with three passing TDs and a rushing score. Next up: at Skyline, Friday.
6. Bountiful (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Lone Peak, 31-21. Outlook: After flying under the radar this summer, the Braves made a big statement in Week 1 with a victory over the defending 5A champs. Next up: at Mountain View, Friday.
7. Herriman (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Orem, 49-21. Outlook: Expectations were high coming into for the Mustangs, and they didn't disappoint in the opener by routing a quality Orem team. Next up: vs. Riverton, at Rice-Eccles Stadium, Saturday.
8. Northridge (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Logan, 41-27. Outlook: Following impressive win over Logan in the opener, the Knights will try and avoid Week 2 letdown to Olympus like last year. Next up: vs. Olympus, Friday.
9. Timpview (0-1)
Was: -. Last week: Lost to Alta, 33-31. Outlook: Had 5A power on the ropes, but a missed field denied the T-Birds the upset in coach Cary Whittingham's debut. Next up: at Westlake, Friday.
10. Cottonwood (0-0)
Was: -. Last week: Lost to 0-0. Outlook: The Colts didn't want a Week 1 bye, but the extra week of practice under first-year coach Greg Croshaw might not be a bad thing. Next up: at Logan, Friday.
11. Hurricane (1-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Skyline, 20-7. Outlook: It wasn't anything flashy, but the defending 3A champs opened the season with a solid, workmanlike victory over Skyline. Next up: at West Jordan, Friday.
12. Mountain Crest (1-0)
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43