Alex Johnson of Salt Lake City was the Week 1 winner of the Deseret News high school football Grid Picks contest. He was one of only two contestants who picked 14 of 14 games correctly, but he came closest to picking the final score in the Skyline-Hurricane game.
Johnson won a $50 Amazon gift card courtesy of Ruby's Inn in Bryce Canyon.
The prize for the Week 2 Grid Picks winner is a $50 Amazon gift card courtesy of Western River expeditions.
Amazon gift cards are the prizes all year, including the grand prizes for the top three overall finishers in increments of $150, $100 and $50. Each entrant's worst week will be dropped for the cumulative total.
The following are the 14 games that readers will try to predict in the Week 2 contest: Cottonwood at Logan, Davis at Viewmont, Hillcrest at Taylorsville, Juab at Grantsville, Lone Peak at Mountain Crest, Millard at Delta, Salem Hills at Payson, South Summit at Morgan, Spanish Fork at Springville, Woods Cross at Bonneville, Timpanogos at American Fork, Fremont at Brighton, Herriman vs. Riverton and Alta vs. Bingham — which will serve as the tiebreaker game.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22