Alex Johnson of Salt Lake City was the Week 1 winner of the Deseret News high school football Grid Picks contest. He was one of only two contestants who picked 14 of 14 games correctly, but he came closest to picking the final score in the Skyline-Hurricane game.
Johnson won a $50 Amazon gift card courtesy of Ruby's Inn in Bryce Canyon.
The prize for the Week 2 Grid Picks winner is a $50 Amazon gift card courtesy of Western River expeditions.
Amazon gift cards are the prizes all year, including the grand prizes for the top three overall finishers in increments of $150, $100 and $50. Each entrant's worst week will be dropped for the cumulative total.
The following are the 14 games that readers will try to predict in the Week 2 contest: Cottonwood at Logan, Davis at Viewmont, Hillcrest at Taylorsville, Juab at Grantsville, Lone Peak at Mountain Crest, Millard at Delta, Salem Hills at Payson, South Summit at Morgan, Spanish Fork at Springville, Woods Cross at Bonneville, Timpanogos at American Fork, Fremont at Brighton, Herriman vs. Riverton and Alta vs. Bingham — which will serve as the tiebreaker game.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28