Alexander F. Yuan, File, Associated Press
There is a huge trade imbalance between the United States and other countries. The reason for this is because tariffs have been lowered and import taxes have remand low. Last year the trade imbalance between the United States and China was $273.1 billion. This not only takes away from our independence as a nation but also cost us millions of jobs.
At the present time we charge a 5 percent tariff on imported goods. With value added tax, China collects 20 percent import fees on goods that are shipped to them. As a result of these unfair trade practices, we can not sell many of our goods to China and some of the other countries. If we do not stop these unfair trade practices our economy will continue to deteriorate.
Jacob Tyler Igielski
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 67
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35