Alexander F. Yuan, File, Associated Press
There is a huge trade imbalance between the United States and other countries. The reason for this is because tariffs have been lowered and import taxes have remand low. Last year the trade imbalance between the United States and China was $273.1 billion. This not only takes away from our independence as a nation but also cost us millions of jobs.
At the present time we charge a 5 percent tariff on imported goods. With value added tax, China collects 20 percent import fees on goods that are shipped to them. As a result of these unfair trade practices, we can not sell many of our goods to China and some of the other countries. If we do not stop these unfair trade practices our economy will continue to deteriorate.
Jacob Tyler Igielski
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24