Alexander F. Yuan, File, Associated Press
There is a huge trade imbalance between the United States and other countries. The reason for this is because tariffs have been lowered and import taxes have remand low. Last year the trade imbalance between the United States and China was $273.1 billion. This not only takes away from our independence as a nation but also cost us millions of jobs.
At the present time we charge a 5 percent tariff on imported goods. With value added tax, China collects 20 percent import fees on goods that are shipped to them. As a result of these unfair trade practices, we can not sell many of our goods to China and some of the other countries. If we do not stop these unfair trade practices our economy will continue to deteriorate.
Jacob Tyler Igielski
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme Court...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: How Alex Boye's...
- In our opinion: Repairing Salt Lake City streets
- Arthur Cyr: North Korea’s leaders...
- George F. Will: Britain at the crossroads
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 50
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Character still matters in... 24
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 18
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 15
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 14
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11