Alexander F. Yuan, File, Associated Press
There is a huge trade imbalance between the United States and other countries. The reason for this is because tariffs have been lowered and import taxes have remand low. Last year the trade imbalance between the United States and China was $273.1 billion. This not only takes away from our independence as a nation but also cost us millions of jobs.
At the present time we charge a 5 percent tariff on imported goods. With value added tax, China collects 20 percent import fees on goods that are shipped to them. As a result of these unfair trade practices, we can not sell many of our goods to China and some of the other countries. If we do not stop these unfair trade practices our economy will continue to deteriorate.
Jacob Tyler Igielski
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 69
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 53
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 38
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28