The only way we can save our country from "becoming a welfare society and losing our freedoms" is for the citizens of our late great country to wake up get involved in the political process that needs watchdogs to stop out-of-control spending by both sides of the aisle and in our state (Readers' Forum, Aug. 19). If we remain uninvolved, we will see the end — we actually need more tea parties and more citizen involvement.
Salt Lake City
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- Jay Evensen: Utah's homeless problem still rages
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- Letter: Public lands
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes sense
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- Letter: Utah GOP divided