The only way we can save our country from "becoming a welfare society and losing our freedoms" is for the citizens of our late great country to wake up get involved in the political process that needs watchdogs to stop out-of-control spending by both sides of the aisle and in our state (Readers' Forum, Aug. 19). If we remain uninvolved, we will see the end — we actually need more tea parties and more citizen involvement.
Salt Lake City
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Cedric Nicholson: Have women become forgotten...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 35
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27