The only way we can save our country from "becoming a welfare society and losing our freedoms" is for the citizens of our late great country to wake up get involved in the political process that needs watchdogs to stop out-of-control spending by both sides of the aisle and in our state (Readers' Forum, Aug. 19). If we remain uninvolved, we will see the end — we actually need more tea parties and more citizen involvement.
Salt Lake City
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our year-end...
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- Drew Clark: Ebola, cybersecurity and...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Letter: Access to health care
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 38
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 31
- Letter: Distance from religion 31
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 20
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13