The only way we can save our country from "becoming a welfare society and losing our freedoms" is for the citizens of our late great country to wake up get involved in the political process that needs watchdogs to stop out-of-control spending by both sides of the aisle and in our state (Readers' Forum, Aug. 19). If we remain uninvolved, we will see the end — we actually need more tea parties and more citizen involvement.
Salt Lake City
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Letters: Move to the center
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21