The only way we can save our country from "becoming a welfare society and losing our freedoms" is for the citizens of our late great country to wake up get involved in the political process that needs watchdogs to stop out-of-control spending by both sides of the aisle and in our state (Readers' Forum, Aug. 19). If we remain uninvolved, we will see the end — we actually need more tea parties and more citizen involvement.
Salt Lake City
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: No welfare, ever 55
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 21
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20