Cruz gave the Dodgers a scare when he left the game with an apparent leg injury in the seventh. He said he slowed when he felt a cramp starting and should not miss any time.
"I'm very happy the initial evaluation was a cramp," said bench coach Trey Hillman, who filled in as manager Don Mattingly completed a two-game suspension for excessive arguing with plate umpire Angel Campos in Thursday's 10-6 loss in Pittsburgh.
Billingsley (10-9) gave up three hits in seven innings, striking out four and walking two. He is 6-0 since the All-Star break after losing five straight. He reached 10 wins for the sixth straight season.
The right-hander started his winning streak following his return from the disabled list with right elbow inflammation.
Billingsley is the first Dodgers pitcher to win six straight starts since Kevin Brown won seven straight in 2003.
The Dodgers return home to open a series Monday night against San Francisco for the NL West lead.
Heyward tripled with two outs in the fourth for Atlanta's first hit. Billingsley walked Freddie Freeman before Dan Uggla popped out.
The Braves' only other scoring opportunity against Billingsley came when Michael Bourn singled with one out in the sixth, stole second and moved to third on Martin Prado's grounder. Heyward struck out to end the inning, and then tossed his bat and helmet in frustration.
Braves catcher Brian McCann was 0 for 3 after sitting out two straight games. He said Saturday he has a cyst and a frayed labrum in his right shoulder but can play through the discomfort. He is hitting only .103 (4 for 39) in August and .227 overall.
NOTES: Braves SS Andrelton Simmons, on the 15-day DL since July 13 with a broken right little finger, still hasn't been cleared for baseball activities. ... RHP Tim Hudson will look for his 13th win when he faces Washington's Jordan Zimmermann on Monday night. Dodgers LHP Clayton Kershaw will face the Giants' Madison Bumgarner on Monday night.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for Foul-A-Frenchie...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22