The residents of Highland have reason to be concerned if their property taxes have increased. If Highland becomes like East Millcreek, it may only get worse.
We moved into our home in East Millcreek in 1947, and our property taxes for the year were $35. Taxes have continually increased ever since, even though my home gets older. My property taxes now are in the thousands of dollars.
For 2011, my property taxes increased by $200. Now I received notice that for 2012 they have increased by another $200. When will it stop?
I hope that will be before I have to sell my home, as I won't be able to afford the taxes. Good luck to those living and paying property taxes in Highland.
Ila M. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25