August Miller, Deseret News archives
Two years ago, Utah Republicans were so incensed with "Bailout Bob" (Bennett) that they wouldn't even allow him to compete in a primary for his Senate seat. These same people seem absolutely enamored with "Bailout Paul" (Ryan).
What's the difference? Both voted for the bank bailouts. Both voted for the largest entitlement expansion in 50 years, Medicare Part D, which was not even funded. Both voted for No Child Left Behind. It makes no sense.
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- In our opinion: Increased on-screen violence...
- John Florez: Have students become pawns for...
- Letter: US dollar
- Letter: Trump's delegate count
- Michael Gerson: The Syrian fire will continue...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 54
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal... 40
- Michael Gerson: The Trump train is... 35
- My view: Character still matters in... 26
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 23
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 23
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 22
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 20