August Miller, Deseret News archives
Two years ago, Utah Republicans were so incensed with "Bailout Bob" (Bennett) that they wouldn't even allow him to compete in a primary for his Senate seat. These same people seem absolutely enamored with "Bailout Paul" (Ryan).
What's the difference? Both voted for the bank bailouts. Both voted for the largest entitlement expansion in 50 years, Medicare Part D, which was not even funded. Both voted for No Child Left Behind. It makes no sense.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our thoughts...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all: Religion...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- Letter: Slap to our history
- Drew Clark: The beams and motes of getting...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 90
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 75
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: Fairness for all:... 47
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 40
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27