August Miller, Deseret News archives
Two years ago, Utah Republicans were so incensed with "Bailout Bob" (Bennett) that they wouldn't even allow him to compete in a primary for his Senate seat. These same people seem absolutely enamored with "Bailout Paul" (Ryan).
What's the difference? Both voted for the bank bailouts. Both voted for the largest entitlement expansion in 50 years, Medicare Part D, which was not even funded. Both voted for No Child Left Behind. It makes no sense.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29