August Miller, Deseret News archives
Two years ago, Utah Republicans were so incensed with "Bailout Bob" (Bennett) that they wouldn't even allow him to compete in a primary for his Senate seat. These same people seem absolutely enamored with "Bailout Paul" (Ryan).
What's the difference? Both voted for the bank bailouts. Both voted for the largest entitlement expansion in 50 years, Medicare Part D, which was not even funded. Both voted for No Child Left Behind. It makes no sense.
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy
- Letter: Metal detectors
- George F. Will: The Great War: the hinge of...
- My View: High-risk pools: the life jacket...
- Richard Davis: Brexit wasn’t really...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 32
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 23
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 21
- Letter: Supporting teachers 21