August Miller, Deseret News archives
Two years ago, Utah Republicans were so incensed with "Bailout Bob" (Bennett) that they wouldn't even allow him to compete in a primary for his Senate seat. These same people seem absolutely enamored with "Bailout Paul" (Ryan).
What's the difference? Both voted for the bank bailouts. Both voted for the largest entitlement expansion in 50 years, Medicare Part D, which was not even funded. Both voted for No Child Left Behind. It makes no sense.
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and Healthy...
- Letter: Medically fragile
- A. Scott Anderson: Healthy Utah is the...
- Michael Gerson: Christianity, grace...
- Jay Evensen: Don't turn prison relocation...
- Letter: Bear Lake driving
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront Islamic...
- Robert Bennett: Are Republican... 49
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Medically fragile 31
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- Allowing export of U.S. crude oil would... 22
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 22