SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Notre Dame fans going to see the football team at Soldier Field in Chicago when the Fighting Irish play Miami in October may not recognize the home team.
The Irish will wear a special uniform for the neutral-site home game. The jerseys have metallic numbers that say IRISH on the front. The gold pants have a blue stripe on the left side with a leprechaun on it. The helmet is gold on the top and the right side and blue on the left with a leprechaun.
MATHIEU CHECKS IN TO REHAB: A New Orleans television station is reporting that former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu has entered a drug rehabilitation program in Houston since being dismissed from the Tigers.
Fox 8 is reporting that Mathieu's adoptive father, Tyrone Mathieu, says that the 20-year-old star cornerback and punt returner known as the "Honey Badger" has been at the Right Step recovery center and is being counseled by former NBA player John Lucas.
Tyrone Mathieu says his son is committed to restoring his health and won't play football until he is confident that his rehab is complete.
That may rule out the possibility of Mathieu transferring to a school at the FCS level and playing this season, after which he would be eligible for the NFL draft.
IDAHO TO GO INDEPENDENT: The Idaho State Board of Education has approved letting the University of Idaho begin scheduling and playing college football as an independent.
The board's 5-1 vote Friday also gives school administrators permission to explore membership in the Big Sky Conference for all other Vandal sports teams.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34