SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Notre Dame fans going to see the football team at Soldier Field in Chicago when the Fighting Irish play Miami in October may not recognize the home team.
The Irish will wear a special uniform for the neutral-site home game. The jerseys have metallic numbers that say IRISH on the front. The gold pants have a blue stripe on the left side with a leprechaun on it. The helmet is gold on the top and the right side and blue on the left with a leprechaun.
MATHIEU CHECKS IN TO REHAB: A New Orleans television station is reporting that former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu has entered a drug rehabilitation program in Houston since being dismissed from the Tigers.
Fox 8 is reporting that Mathieu's adoptive father, Tyrone Mathieu, says that the 20-year-old star cornerback and punt returner known as the "Honey Badger" has been at the Right Step recovery center and is being counseled by former NBA player John Lucas.
Tyrone Mathieu says his son is committed to restoring his health and won't play football until he is confident that his rehab is complete.
That may rule out the possibility of Mathieu transferring to a school at the FCS level and playing this season, after which he would be eligible for the NFL draft.
IDAHO TO GO INDEPENDENT: The Idaho State Board of Education has approved letting the University of Idaho begin scheduling and playing college football as an independent.
The board's 5-1 vote Friday also gives school administrators permission to explore membership in the Big Sky Conference for all other Vandal sports teams.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 63
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 35
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20