Facts are indeed stubborn things. While the Democrats and the liberal mainstream media continue their inflammatory attacks concerning the Ryan Budget plan, let us consider the facts about this proposal. Medicare will continue to be business as usual for those who are 55 and older. Those who are younger will have the choice of either opting out of the current system or remaining in it.
The Democratic Party wants us to think that they are the ones who will protect Medicare, when the opposite is true. President Obama purposely took $700 billion from Medicare in order to fund Obamacare. On its current trajectory, Medicare will be bankrupt in 12 years.
The Ryan proposal has bipartisan support. As a citizenry, we need to come to grips with getting our financial house in order. Continued inaction and procrastination will result in only greater financial hardship for all of us.
Ben B. Booth
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- George F. Will: Our trivial Congress can grow...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 110
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 39
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 31
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 31