Facts are indeed stubborn things. While the Democrats and the liberal mainstream media continue their inflammatory attacks concerning the Ryan Budget plan, let us consider the facts about this proposal. Medicare will continue to be business as usual for those who are 55 and older. Those who are younger will have the choice of either opting out of the current system or remaining in it.
The Democratic Party wants us to think that they are the ones who will protect Medicare, when the opposite is true. President Obama purposely took $700 billion from Medicare in order to fund Obamacare. On its current trajectory, Medicare will be bankrupt in 12 years.
The Ryan proposal has bipartisan support. As a citizenry, we need to come to grips with getting our financial house in order. Continued inaction and procrastination will result in only greater financial hardship for all of us.
Ben B. Booth
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24