Facts are indeed stubborn things. While the Democrats and the liberal mainstream media continue their inflammatory attacks concerning the Ryan Budget plan, let us consider the facts about this proposal. Medicare will continue to be business as usual for those who are 55 and older. Those who are younger will have the choice of either opting out of the current system or remaining in it.
The Democratic Party wants us to think that they are the ones who will protect Medicare, when the opposite is true. President Obama purposely took $700 billion from Medicare in order to fund Obamacare. On its current trajectory, Medicare will be bankrupt in 12 years.
The Ryan proposal has bipartisan support. As a citizenry, we need to come to grips with getting our financial house in order. Continued inaction and procrastination will result in only greater financial hardship for all of us.
Ben B. Booth
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 43
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16