Facts are indeed stubborn things. While the Democrats and the liberal mainstream media continue their inflammatory attacks concerning the Ryan Budget plan, let us consider the facts about this proposal. Medicare will continue to be business as usual for those who are 55 and older. Those who are younger will have the choice of either opting out of the current system or remaining in it.
The Democratic Party wants us to think that they are the ones who will protect Medicare, when the opposite is true. President Obama purposely took $700 billion from Medicare in order to fund Obamacare. On its current trajectory, Medicare will be bankrupt in 12 years.
The Ryan proposal has bipartisan support. As a citizenry, we need to come to grips with getting our financial house in order. Continued inaction and procrastination will result in only greater financial hardship for all of us.
Ben B. Booth
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever 81
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21