Facts are indeed stubborn things. While the Democrats and the liberal mainstream media continue their inflammatory attacks concerning the Ryan Budget plan, let us consider the facts about this proposal. Medicare will continue to be business as usual for those who are 55 and older. Those who are younger will have the choice of either opting out of the current system or remaining in it.
The Democratic Party wants us to think that they are the ones who will protect Medicare, when the opposite is true. President Obama purposely took $700 billion from Medicare in order to fund Obamacare. On its current trajectory, Medicare will be bankrupt in 12 years.
The Ryan proposal has bipartisan support. As a citizenry, we need to come to grips with getting our financial house in order. Continued inaction and procrastination will result in only greater financial hardship for all of us.
Ben B. Booth
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 50
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Irreparable damage 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37