High school football: A fan's guide from A to Z as 102 teams begin a quest for gridiron glory
Moving 10 yards seems a lot harder against intuitive defenders. This season a handful of 100-plus tacklers return to terrorize opposing offensive production: Logan's Andersen (156), Layton Christian's Colin Greenhill (139), Murray's Derick Sanders (125), Bountiful's Rylee Gautavai (122), Hurricane's Jared Edwards (118), Millard's Jeremy Aleman (115), Riverton's Albert Tai (109), South Sevier's Alex Baker (108), Grantsville's Ky Fisher (106), Maple Mountain's CJ Hildebrand (105), Stansbury's Colton May (103) and South Summit's Garrett Crystal (103).
AND Z IS FOR ZILCH
The wait is over: zero days remain until the start of the high school season. Friday's the night. Beginning with American Leadership at Layton Christian at 4 p.m. along with 48 other scheduled games at 7 p.m., high school football has begun. There's the cue, Brighton. Start playing "Welcome to the Jungle." It's game day.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 75
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 34