ESPN says Utah Jazz looking bright in their Future Power Rankings
Eric Gay, AP
Our Take: The Utah Jazz roster looks very different now than it did two years ago, and it remains to be seen whether the moves the team has made are for the better. But ESPN's Future Power Rankings, which analyze a variety of on-court and off-court factors to determine a team's direction, are bullish on the Jazz, ranking them fourth overall:
A year and half ago, the Jazz looked dead in the water. Franchise legend Jerry Sloan retired in the middle of the season and All-Star point guard Deron Williams was abruptly shipped to the Nets at the trade deadline for a handful of prospects.
But after two really solid summers and a better-than-expected season in 2011-12, our optimism for the Jazz has never been higher.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU, Utah fans react to Max Hall's arrest...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 73
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31