ESPN says Utah Jazz looking bright in their Future Power Rankings
Eric Gay, AP
Our Take: The Utah Jazz roster looks very different now than it did two years ago, and it remains to be seen whether the moves the team has made are for the better. But ESPN's Future Power Rankings, which analyze a variety of on-court and off-court factors to determine a team's direction, are bullish on the Jazz, ranking them fourth overall:
A year and half ago, the Jazz looked dead in the water. Franchise legend Jerry Sloan retired in the middle of the season and All-Star point guard Deron Williams was abruptly shipped to the Nets at the trade deadline for a handful of prospects.
But after two really solid summers and a better-than-expected season in 2011-12, our optimism for the Jazz has never been higher.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26