BYU football: Mendenhall says team 'on the right track' following Thursday scrimmage
"I thought he did a nice job," said Mendenhall. "(He showed) a little more breakaway than I think we've been able to see. You could see him get to the second level and then to make someone miss and then get away, so that was good."
The team will wrap up fall practices and then set its focus on Washington State. Overall Mendenhall likes where his team is.
"I'd say we're on the right track," said Mendenhall. "We have two more days to clean different things scheme-wise and then our attention shifts. So yeah, most of (camp) was to identify personnel, which I think we have a great handle on."
COUGARS CAMP REPORT
Day13: The team scrimmaged with full pads in front of boosters and team family members at LaVell Edwards Stadium. The scrimmage involved mostly second- and third-team players. The team will wrap up fall camp on Saturday and then begin game prep for Washington State.
Standouts: Freshman running back Adam Hine rushed the ball 13 times for 117 yards and a touchdown. His long run of the day was a 50-yard scamper, which set up one of the five touchdowns scored on the day.
James Lark had one of his best days of fall camp, completing six of eight passes for 60 yards and a 14-yard touchdown to receiver Kurt Henderson. JD Falslev contributed two receptions for 52 yards, while freshman Brett Thompson caught a 26-yard pass from Riley Nelson to set up a touchdown.
Injuries: Mendenhall held out many of his assumed starters and came out of the final scrimmage injury-free.
Overheard: "You kind of keep your fingers crossed, but we held out quite a few players to make sure that didn't happen." — Mendenhall on team's lack of injuries.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22