BYU football: Mendenhall says team 'on the right track' following Thursday scrimmage
"I thought he did a nice job," said Mendenhall. "(He showed) a little more breakaway than I think we've been able to see. You could see him get to the second level and then to make someone miss and then get away, so that was good."
The team will wrap up fall practices and then set its focus on Washington State. Overall Mendenhall likes where his team is.
"I'd say we're on the right track," said Mendenhall. "We have two more days to clean different things scheme-wise and then our attention shifts. So yeah, most of (camp) was to identify personnel, which I think we have a great handle on."
COUGARS CAMP REPORT
Day13: The team scrimmaged with full pads in front of boosters and team family members at LaVell Edwards Stadium. The scrimmage involved mostly second- and third-team players. The team will wrap up fall camp on Saturday and then begin game prep for Washington State.
Standouts: Freshman running back Adam Hine rushed the ball 13 times for 117 yards and a touchdown. His long run of the day was a 50-yard scamper, which set up one of the five touchdowns scored on the day.
James Lark had one of his best days of fall camp, completing six of eight passes for 60 yards and a 14-yard touchdown to receiver Kurt Henderson. JD Falslev contributed two receptions for 52 yards, while freshman Brett Thompson caught a 26-yard pass from Riley Nelson to set up a touchdown.
Injuries: Mendenhall held out many of his assumed starters and came out of the final scrimmage injury-free.
Overheard: "You kind of keep your fingers crossed, but we held out quite a few players to make sure that didn't happen." — Mendenhall on team's lack of injuries.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35