Ray Boren, Deseret Morning News
Utah game hunters who want to pay to hunt wildlife on Antelope Island should be ashamed. Real hunters want to, and will, hunt for deer, antelope and other game in the forests and on the open range giving the animals at least a chance to survive. The plutocrats would rather hunt game on Antelope Island that might as well be tethered up.
My wife is right when she says it is like a slaughter being allowed on the island.
Come on guys, there have got to be a lot more ways to raise money than to keep on allowing the big game hunters to show off their "safari" trophies.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- John Hoffmire: To feed the world, we must...
- Letter: Singles solution
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Letter: Protect public lands
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 43
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21