Ray Boren, Deseret Morning News
Utah game hunters who want to pay to hunt wildlife on Antelope Island should be ashamed. Real hunters want to, and will, hunt for deer, antelope and other game in the forests and on the open range giving the animals at least a chance to survive. The plutocrats would rather hunt game on Antelope Island that might as well be tethered up.
My wife is right when she says it is like a slaughter being allowed on the island.
Come on guys, there have got to be a lot more ways to raise money than to keep on allowing the big game hunters to show off their "safari" trophies.
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 78
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 46
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36