Ray Boren, Deseret Morning News
Utah game hunters who want to pay to hunt wildlife on Antelope Island should be ashamed. Real hunters want to, and will, hunt for deer, antelope and other game in the forests and on the open range giving the animals at least a chance to survive. The plutocrats would rather hunt game on Antelope Island that might as well be tethered up.
My wife is right when she says it is like a slaughter being allowed on the island.
Come on guys, there have got to be a lot more ways to raise money than to keep on allowing the big game hunters to show off their "safari" trophies.
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 39
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31