Paul Ryan is part of our current do-nothing Congress. The same Congress that voted in the fiscal cliff. The same Congress that has an 8 percent approval rating. The same congress that left for recess with a lot of unfinished work. The same Congress that had our credit rating drop for the first time in our history.
Ryan is part of our problems but now Mitt Romney wants him to be part of the solution. Is he going to change overnight? Ryan's addition to the ticket as another Washington insider makes me less inclined to vote for Romney.
If I was given the choice of watching cement harden, watching paint dry or become enthused about Ryan as my vice president, then Ryan comes in third.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Letter: Religious freedom
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Americans' fearsome...
- Doug Robinson: A goalkeeper scores — a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 63
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 36
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- In our opinion: Utah needs clean air... 24
- EPA rule hobbles economy, hurts... 23