Paul Ryan is part of our current do-nothing Congress. The same Congress that voted in the fiscal cliff. The same Congress that has an 8 percent approval rating. The same congress that left for recess with a lot of unfinished work. The same Congress that had our credit rating drop for the first time in our history.
Ryan is part of our problems but now Mitt Romney wants him to be part of the solution. Is he going to change overnight? Ryan's addition to the ticket as another Washington insider makes me less inclined to vote for Romney.
If I was given the choice of watching cement harden, watching paint dry or become enthused about Ryan as my vice president, then Ryan comes in third.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19