Paul Ryan is part of our current do-nothing Congress. The same Congress that voted in the fiscal cliff. The same Congress that has an 8 percent approval rating. The same congress that left for recess with a lot of unfinished work. The same Congress that had our credit rating drop for the first time in our history.
Ryan is part of our problems but now Mitt Romney wants him to be part of the solution. Is he going to change overnight? Ryan's addition to the ticket as another Washington insider makes me less inclined to vote for Romney.
If I was given the choice of watching cement harden, watching paint dry or become enthused about Ryan as my vice president, then Ryan comes in third.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 31
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29