Paul Ryan is part of our current do-nothing Congress. The same Congress that voted in the fiscal cliff. The same Congress that has an 8 percent approval rating. The same congress that left for recess with a lot of unfinished work. The same Congress that had our credit rating drop for the first time in our history.
Ryan is part of our problems but now Mitt Romney wants him to be part of the solution. Is he going to change overnight? Ryan's addition to the ticket as another Washington insider makes me less inclined to vote for Romney.
If I was given the choice of watching cement harden, watching paint dry or become enthused about Ryan as my vice president, then Ryan comes in third.
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our year-end...
- Drew Clark: Ebola, cybersecurity and...
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Letter: Access to health care
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 38
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 31
- Letter: Distance from religion 31
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 20
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 13