Paul Ryan is part of our current do-nothing Congress. The same Congress that voted in the fiscal cliff. The same Congress that has an 8 percent approval rating. The same congress that left for recess with a lot of unfinished work. The same Congress that had our credit rating drop for the first time in our history.
Ryan is part of our problems but now Mitt Romney wants him to be part of the solution. Is he going to change overnight? Ryan's addition to the ticket as another Washington insider makes me less inclined to vote for Romney.
If I was given the choice of watching cement harden, watching paint dry or become enthused about Ryan as my vice president, then Ryan comes in third.
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Letter: Doctors unite
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should move...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Letter: Performance pay