SALT LAKE CITY — With more than a million Slovakian records that have been recently added, the online Slovakian record collection has now grown to more than 5 million searchable records, according to a news release from FamilySearch.
The records are from the "Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910" and more than 15,800 images were added to the same collection.
Other indexed records and/or images were added for South Africa, Canada, Poland, Portugal and the United States.
Indexing includes transcribing information from digital copies of handwritten records to make them easily searchable online. To volunteer to index or to search these free records collections, see www.familysearch.org.
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- LDS missionary becomes part of pilgrim...
- Mormons finding a home in southern New Jersey
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 38
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon 8
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Receive all... 2
- Giving thanks now and always 2
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Sea turtles... 2