WELLSVILLE, Cache County — A reunion for Scottish Mormon pioneer Elizabeth Russell Archibald's descendants will be Sept. 8 at the bowery adjacent to the Wellsville Tabernacle. The reunion marks the 150th anniversary of her journey to the Utah Territory with four of her 10 children after her husband's death.
A potluck meal will be shared beginning at noon, followed by short talks about her life experiences and a memorial service at the Wellsville Cemetery. Attendees are asked to bring photos, history and heirlooms to share.
She was well-known in Wellsville, where she was one of the early settlers. A 1907 article in the Deseret News chronicled five generations of the Archibald family, who had spread throughout Utah and on to Idaho and Alberta, Canada.
A Facebook group titled "Descendants of Elizabeth (Russell) Archibald" has been created, and those interested may contact Brandon Sundeen for information at email@example.com.
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- Comic: Over 50
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- Send it in: Mission reunion notices