Our take: While Christians have been debating whether gun control is a religious issue or not, here is one viewpoint from a prominent Jewish media figure.
It is a given among liberal and progressive Jews that gun ownership among the general population is a bad thing. The ideal is near-universal disarmament with only a handful of individual exceptions and, of course, the police.
The majority of Americans have the opposite view. They believe that gun ownership is a fundamental American right, and that the more law-abiding Americans who own guns, the safer the society. This view is so widely held even among many Democrats that few Democratic politicians take anti-gun positions.
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith, the stone,...
- 18 must-see attractions on and around Temple...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore chain says
- Significant LDS Church history discovery made
- Finding faith in an anatomy lab
- What Mormons should know about NBC's new...
- Why I don’t call myself a... 84
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith, the... 79
- Hamblin & Peterson: Do religions try to... 52
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 26
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 24
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17