BYU football: Cougar receivers catching Cahoon's vision
"(Mathews) has a chance (to play). He's got to stay healthy. He's kind of banged up right now, but he's a guy with all the physical tools. He's exciting to watch out there. Skyler Ridley has been one of our most consistent guys in camp. Nobody runs routes like him. He can break on a dime. Kurt Henderson's had a pretty good camp, too. They've been consistent and I'm pleased with them."
While Cahoon likes the depth he has to work with, he's hoping not to have to rely on that depth too much.
"If we're seeing the younger guys, that means the older guys are hurt or stinking it up," he said. "There have been several guys that have come in and made the most of opportunities. It's been a battle. Guys have come in and done a really good job. We'll rotate to keep guys fresh, but we want to have our best guys on the field as much as possible."
COUGARS CAMP REPORT
Day 12: The Cougars held a morning practice in helmets and shoulder pads.
Standouts: Quarterback Riley Nelson completed 3-of-4 passes for 70 yards, including a 60-yard touchdown strike to Alex Kuresa. Backup QB Taysom Hill was 3-of-4 for 68 yards, including a 35-yard TD pass to Brett Thompson.
Injuries: Running back Jamaal Williams (ankle) and Mitch Mathews (shoulder) were held out of team drills, but are expected to return soon.
Overheard: "I thought last year was pretty special, so I think you use that as the baseline. I'm sure he wants more, and it would help our team if there's more." — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall on wide receiver Cody Hoffman, when asked if he's on the verge of a special season.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37