OGDEN — The Weber State football team staged its first full scrimmage of fall camp Tuesday morning at Stewart Stadium.
Senior quarterback Mike Hoke, who missed the spring season after shoulder injury, had a good day for the Wildcats, finishing the day 15-of-27 passing for 174 yards and a couple of touchdowns. He also rushed for a 3-yard touchdown.
Junior Jordan Adamczyk finished the day 9-for-16 passing for 108 yards and a touchdown. Senior Lanny Papanikolas recorded four catches for 48 yards, including a 22-yard touchdown reception. Freshman Gamal Fowler had four catches for 52 yards and a touchdown and Xavier Johnson and Jarret Gooden each caught a pair of passes.
On the ground the Wildcats combined for over 100 yards rushing, despite scrimmaging without the top two returning running backs C.J. Tuckett and Josh Booker, who were held out due to injury.
Karl Finai, Oran Maxwell, and Braden Corpus all rushed for touchdowns.
On the defensive side senior David James recorded an interception and Trifon Gochis had an interception and a sack. Tony Epperson had two sacks on the day.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 57
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 38
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34