OGDEN — The Weber State football team staged its first full scrimmage of fall camp Tuesday morning at Stewart Stadium.
Senior quarterback Mike Hoke, who missed the spring season after shoulder injury, had a good day for the Wildcats, finishing the day 15-of-27 passing for 174 yards and a couple of touchdowns. He also rushed for a 3-yard touchdown.
Junior Jordan Adamczyk finished the day 9-for-16 passing for 108 yards and a touchdown. Senior Lanny Papanikolas recorded four catches for 48 yards, including a 22-yard touchdown reception. Freshman Gamal Fowler had four catches for 52 yards and a touchdown and Xavier Johnson and Jarret Gooden each caught a pair of passes.
On the ground the Wildcats combined for over 100 yards rushing, despite scrimmaging without the top two returning running backs C.J. Tuckett and Josh Booker, who were held out due to injury.
Karl Finai, Oran Maxwell, and Braden Corpus all rushed for touchdowns.
On the defensive side senior David James recorded an interception and Trifon Gochis had an interception and a sack. Tony Epperson had two sacks on the day.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48