OGDEN — The Weber State football team staged its first full scrimmage of fall camp Tuesday morning at Stewart Stadium.
Senior quarterback Mike Hoke, who missed the spring season after shoulder injury, had a good day for the Wildcats, finishing the day 15-of-27 passing for 174 yards and a couple of touchdowns. He also rushed for a 3-yard touchdown.
Junior Jordan Adamczyk finished the day 9-for-16 passing for 108 yards and a touchdown. Senior Lanny Papanikolas recorded four catches for 48 yards, including a 22-yard touchdown reception. Freshman Gamal Fowler had four catches for 52 yards and a touchdown and Xavier Johnson and Jarret Gooden each caught a pair of passes.
On the ground the Wildcats combined for over 100 yards rushing, despite scrimmaging without the top two returning running backs C.J. Tuckett and Josh Booker, who were held out due to injury.
Karl Finai, Oran Maxwell, and Braden Corpus all rushed for touchdowns.
On the defensive side senior David James recorded an interception and Trifon Gochis had an interception and a sack. Tony Epperson had two sacks on the day.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34