OGDEN — The Weber State football team staged its first full scrimmage of fall camp Tuesday morning at Stewart Stadium.
Senior quarterback Mike Hoke, who missed the spring season after shoulder injury, had a good day for the Wildcats, finishing the day 15-of-27 passing for 174 yards and a couple of touchdowns. He also rushed for a 3-yard touchdown.
Junior Jordan Adamczyk finished the day 9-for-16 passing for 108 yards and a touchdown. Senior Lanny Papanikolas recorded four catches for 48 yards, including a 22-yard touchdown reception. Freshman Gamal Fowler had four catches for 52 yards and a touchdown and Xavier Johnson and Jarret Gooden each caught a pair of passes.
On the ground the Wildcats combined for over 100 yards rushing, despite scrimmaging without the top two returning running backs C.J. Tuckett and Josh Booker, who were held out due to injury.
Karl Finai, Oran Maxwell, and Braden Corpus all rushed for touchdowns.
On the defensive side senior David James recorded an interception and Trifon Gochis had an interception and a sack. Tony Epperson had two sacks on the day.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27