OGDEN — The Weber State football team staged its first full scrimmage of fall camp Tuesday morning at Stewart Stadium.
Senior quarterback Mike Hoke, who missed the spring season after shoulder injury, had a good day for the Wildcats, finishing the day 15-of-27 passing for 174 yards and a couple of touchdowns. He also rushed for a 3-yard touchdown.
Junior Jordan Adamczyk finished the day 9-for-16 passing for 108 yards and a touchdown. Senior Lanny Papanikolas recorded four catches for 48 yards, including a 22-yard touchdown reception. Freshman Gamal Fowler had four catches for 52 yards and a touchdown and Xavier Johnson and Jarret Gooden each caught a pair of passes.
On the ground the Wildcats combined for over 100 yards rushing, despite scrimmaging without the top two returning running backs C.J. Tuckett and Josh Booker, who were held out due to injury.
Karl Finai, Oran Maxwell, and Braden Corpus all rushed for touchdowns.
On the defensive side senior David James recorded an interception and Trifon Gochis had an interception and a sack. Tony Epperson had two sacks on the day.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19