The News & Observer, Travis Long
Our take: Vice President Joe Biden is stumping for President Barack Obama's re-election effort, stopping at a campaign rally in Danville, Va., to speak to supporters as part of his two-day swing through Virginia and North Carolina.
"Vice President Joseph R. Biden told an audience that included several hundred black supporters Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney's efforts to loosen Wall Street regulations would put voters 'back in chains.'"
"'Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he's gonna let the big banks again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,' Mr. Biden said of the presumptive GOP nominee at a campaign rally in Danville, Va. The vice president then lowered his voice and added, 'They're going to put y'all back in chains.'"
"Danville is roughly half black, and there were many black supporters in the audience of about 800 at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research."
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Brave woman tried to reason with London...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Stories behind viral Oklahoma tragedy photos...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 44
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- IRS role in Obamacare adds deeper layer... 16