The News & Observer, Travis Long
Our take: Vice President Joe Biden is stumping for President Barack Obama's re-election effort, stopping at a campaign rally in Danville, Va., to speak to supporters as part of his two-day swing through Virginia and North Carolina.
"Vice President Joseph R. Biden told an audience that included several hundred black supporters Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney's efforts to loosen Wall Street regulations would put voters 'back in chains.'"
"'Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he's gonna let the big banks again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,' Mr. Biden said of the presumptive GOP nominee at a campaign rally in Danville, Va. The vice president then lowered his voice and added, 'They're going to put y'all back in chains.'"
"Danville is roughly half black, and there were many black supporters in the audience of about 800 at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research."
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- 24-year-old American in North Korea sentenced...
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 9