The News & Observer, Travis Long
Our take: Vice President Joe Biden is stumping for President Barack Obama's re-election effort, stopping at a campaign rally in Danville, Va., to speak to supporters as part of his two-day swing through Virginia and North Carolina.
"Vice President Joseph R. Biden told an audience that included several hundred black supporters Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney's efforts to loosen Wall Street regulations would put voters 'back in chains.'"
"'Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he's gonna let the big banks again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,' Mr. Biden said of the presumptive GOP nominee at a campaign rally in Danville, Va. The vice president then lowered his voice and added, 'They're going to put y'all back in chains.'"
"Danville is roughly half black, and there were many black supporters in the audience of about 800 at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research."
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- The rise of social entrepreneurship: How...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 52
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 35
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 28
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14
- House leaders abandon border bill 14
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13