The News & Observer, Travis Long
Our take: Vice President Joe Biden is stumping for President Barack Obama's re-election effort, stopping at a campaign rally in Danville, Va., to speak to supporters as part of his two-day swing through Virginia and North Carolina.
"Vice President Joseph R. Biden told an audience that included several hundred black supporters Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney's efforts to loosen Wall Street regulations would put voters 'back in chains.'"
"'Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he's gonna let the big banks again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,' Mr. Biden said of the presumptive GOP nominee at a campaign rally in Danville, Va. The vice president then lowered his voice and added, 'They're going to put y'all back in chains.'"
"Danville is roughly half black, and there were many black supporters in the audience of about 800 at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research."
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 19
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13