The News & Observer, Travis Long
Our take: Vice President Joe Biden is stumping for President Barack Obama's re-election effort, stopping at a campaign rally in Danville, Va., to speak to supporters as part of his two-day swing through Virginia and North Carolina.
"Vice President Joseph R. Biden told an audience that included several hundred black supporters Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney's efforts to loosen Wall Street regulations would put voters 'back in chains.'"
"'Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he's gonna let the big banks again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,' Mr. Biden said of the presumptive GOP nominee at a campaign rally in Danville, Va. The vice president then lowered his voice and added, 'They're going to put y'all back in chains.'"
"Danville is roughly half black, and there were many black supporters in the audience of about 800 at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research."
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Ex-stepson: White House intruder meant no harm
- Who wins Senate control? Nov. 4 might not decide
- Decision on Yellowstone bison quarantine...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 6
- It's not just young people —... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5