The News & Observer, Travis Long
Our take: Vice President Joe Biden is stumping for President Barack Obama's re-election effort, stopping at a campaign rally in Danville, Va., to speak to supporters as part of his two-day swing through Virginia and North Carolina.
"Vice President Joseph R. Biden told an audience that included several hundred black supporters Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney's efforts to loosen Wall Street regulations would put voters 'back in chains.'"
"'Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he's gonna let the big banks again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,' Mr. Biden said of the presumptive GOP nominee at a campaign rally in Danville, Va. The vice president then lowered his voice and added, 'They're going to put y'all back in chains.'"
"Danville is roughly half black, and there were many black supporters in the audience of about 800 at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research."
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris...
- Police: Fugitive killed Florida officer
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 18
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 12
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8