The News & Observer, Travis Long
Our take: Vice President Joe Biden is stumping for President Barack Obama's re-election effort, stopping at a campaign rally in Danville, Va., to speak to supporters as part of his two-day swing through Virginia and North Carolina.
"Vice President Joseph R. Biden told an audience that included several hundred black supporters Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney's efforts to loosen Wall Street regulations would put voters 'back in chains.'"
"'Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he's gonna let the big banks again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,' Mr. Biden said of the presumptive GOP nominee at a campaign rally in Danville, Va. The vice president then lowered his voice and added, 'They're going to put y'all back in chains.'"
"Danville is roughly half black, and there were many black supporters in the audience of about 800 at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research."
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered legal...
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with hands up
- The Los Angeles Unified School District ducks...
- Car crash in Argentina kills 3 relatives of pope
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- Colleges add luxury touches to new football...
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 20
- Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for... 19
- Police identify Missouri officer who... 16
- Police, protesters collide again in... 15
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but... 14
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 13