NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Efren Navarro's sacrifice fly in the 12th inning propelled the Salt Lake Bees to a 5-4 win over the Nashville Sounds on Monday night.
Kole Calhoun led off the inning with a double to right center and advanced to third on a single to center by Luis Jimenez.
Navarro followed by driving an 0-1 pitch to deep center to bring home Calhoun with the eventual winning run.
Nashville threatened after two outs in the bottom of the 12th on a walk to Khris Davis and a single by Jordan Brown, but Ryan Brasier got Taylor Green to ground out to Ed Lucas at second base to end the game.
Brasier (7-2) picked up the win with 12?3 scoreless innings, as the bullpen tossed six shutout innings.
Calhoun led the Bees with four hits and two runs scored, while Jimenez added three hits and one RBI.
Navarro had two hits and two RBIs to help the Bees earn a split in the four game series at Nashville.
OWLZ 8, VOYAGERS 7: At Orem, the Owlz produced four runs in the bottom of the eighth to overcome an early 5-0 deficit and three errors.
Jonathan Walsh had three RBIs and two of Orem's 16 hits.
OSPREY 10, RAPTORS 3: At Missoula, Mont., the Raptors committed four errors and the Osprey enjoyed a 17-6 edge in hits.
Jake Hermsen (1-6) gave up nine hits and three earned runs in four innings with five strikeouts.
Up next: at Memphis, 6 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected 75-68...
- Jazz beat Clippers 102-91 to snap 13-game...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Fan shows his long-distance, lifelong loyalty...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 57
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 32
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31