NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Efren Navarro's sacrifice fly in the 12th inning propelled the Salt Lake Bees to a 5-4 win over the Nashville Sounds on Monday night.
Kole Calhoun led off the inning with a double to right center and advanced to third on a single to center by Luis Jimenez.
Navarro followed by driving an 0-1 pitch to deep center to bring home Calhoun with the eventual winning run.
Nashville threatened after two outs in the bottom of the 12th on a walk to Khris Davis and a single by Jordan Brown, but Ryan Brasier got Taylor Green to ground out to Ed Lucas at second base to end the game.
Brasier (7-2) picked up the win with 12?3 scoreless innings, as the bullpen tossed six shutout innings.
Calhoun led the Bees with four hits and two runs scored, while Jimenez added three hits and one RBI.
Navarro had two hits and two RBIs to help the Bees earn a split in the four game series at Nashville.
OWLZ 8, VOYAGERS 7: At Orem, the Owlz produced four runs in the bottom of the eighth to overcome an early 5-0 deficit and three errors.
Jonathan Walsh had three RBIs and two of Orem's 16 hits.
OSPREY 10, RAPTORS 3: At Missoula, Mont., the Raptors committed four errors and the Osprey enjoyed a 17-6 edge in hits.
Jake Hermsen (1-6) gave up nine hits and three earned runs in four innings with five strikeouts.
Up next: at Memphis, 6 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- Boys high school top track performances, 2013...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 86
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 68
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 68
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 52
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 30
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 21