NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Garrett Richards had a strong start to help lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 2-1 win over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night. Richards (6-3) went eight and one-third innings and allowed just one run on five hits with seven strikeouts and two walk. He gave up a pair of one singles in the ninth to put the potential tying and winning runs on base for Nashville, but Bobby Cassevah came into the game and got Logan Schafer and Jason Jaramillo to each fly out to left to end the game and record his eighth save of the season.
Salt Lake trailed 1-0 in the sixth when Luis Jimenez led off with a walk, advanced to third on a single by Kole Calhoun and scored on a sacrifice fly by Efren Navarro. With one out in the eighth, Jimenez singled to center and one out later, he scored from first on a double to left center by Navarro.
Up next: at Nashville, 6:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33