NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Garrett Richards had a strong start to help lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 2-1 win over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night. Richards (6-3) went eight and one-third innings and allowed just one run on five hits with seven strikeouts and two walk. He gave up a pair of one singles in the ninth to put the potential tying and winning runs on base for Nashville, but Bobby Cassevah came into the game and got Logan Schafer and Jason Jaramillo to each fly out to left to end the game and record his eighth save of the season.
Salt Lake trailed 1-0 in the sixth when Luis Jimenez led off with a walk, advanced to third on a single by Kole Calhoun and scored on a sacrifice fly by Efren Navarro. With one out in the eighth, Jimenez singled to center and one out later, he scored from first on a double to left center by Navarro.
Up next: at Nashville, 6:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34