NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Garrett Richards had a strong start to help lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 2-1 win over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night. Richards (6-3) went eight and one-third innings and allowed just one run on five hits with seven strikeouts and two walk. He gave up a pair of one singles in the ninth to put the potential tying and winning runs on base for Nashville, but Bobby Cassevah came into the game and got Logan Schafer and Jason Jaramillo to each fly out to left to end the game and record his eighth save of the season.
Salt Lake trailed 1-0 in the sixth when Luis Jimenez led off with a walk, advanced to third on a single by Kole Calhoun and scored on a sacrifice fly by Efren Navarro. With one out in the eighth, Jimenez singled to center and one out later, he scored from first on a double to left center by Navarro.
Up next: at Nashville, 6:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43