NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Garrett Richards had a strong start to help lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 2-1 win over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night. Richards (6-3) went eight and one-third innings and allowed just one run on five hits with seven strikeouts and two walk. He gave up a pair of one singles in the ninth to put the potential tying and winning runs on base for Nashville, but Bobby Cassevah came into the game and got Logan Schafer and Jason Jaramillo to each fly out to left to end the game and record his eighth save of the season.
Salt Lake trailed 1-0 in the sixth when Luis Jimenez led off with a walk, advanced to third on a single by Kole Calhoun and scored on a sacrifice fly by Efren Navarro. With one out in the eighth, Jimenez singled to center and one out later, he scored from first on a double to left center by Navarro.
Up next: at Nashville, 6:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between BYU...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Rapid Fire: Hamson cements her legacy; Utah...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 97
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26