NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Garrett Richards had a strong start to help lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 2-1 win over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night. Richards (6-3) went eight and one-third innings and allowed just one run on five hits with seven strikeouts and two walk. He gave up a pair of one singles in the ninth to put the potential tying and winning runs on base for Nashville, but Bobby Cassevah came into the game and got Logan Schafer and Jason Jaramillo to each fly out to left to end the game and record his eighth save of the season.
Salt Lake trailed 1-0 in the sixth when Luis Jimenez led off with a walk, advanced to third on a single by Kole Calhoun and scored on a sacrifice fly by Efren Navarro. With one out in the eighth, Jimenez singled to center and one out later, he scored from first on a double to left center by Navarro.
Up next: at Nashville, 6:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20