Former Utah State quarterback Bob Gagliano passed for 83 yards on a 87-yard touchdown drive as the Chargers beat the Patriots 20-10 in an exhibition game. Gagliano, starting in place of injured John Friesz, completed four passes during the 10-play drive that gave San Diego a 17-3 halftime lead. He finished the game 7 for 11 for 123 yards.
Former Utah State quarterback Bob Gagliano passed for 83 yards on a 87-yard touchdown drive and Marion Butts ran for 47 yards and a touchdown in the first half as the San Diego Chargers defeated the New England Patriots 20-10 in an exhibition game Friday night.
Gagliano, starting in place of injured John Friesz, completed four passes during the 10-play drive that gave San Diego a 17-3 halftime lead. He finished the game 7 for 11 for 123 yards.Pat O'Hara, San Diego's third quarterback in the game, helped clinch the game with a 10-play, 70-yard drive, including a 32-yard pass to Tony Lenseigne with less than three minutes remaining. Carlos Huerta's 22-yard field goal ended the scoring with 1:57 left.
With 8:40 remaining in the half, Gagliano took the Chargers on the 87-yard drive, which ended with Eric Bieniemy's 1-yard touchdown run. Gagliano completed passes of 21 and 26 yards to Anthony Miller on the drive.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27