OREM — Former Utah Valley University forward Geddes Robinson has signed to play professionally for the Dragons Rhoendorf in Germany.
Robinson, who played at UVU from 2010-12 and is the school's season and career leader in rebounds, leaves for Germany today. He graduated from Utah Valley in April with a degree in behavioral science with an emphasis in psychology.
"I'm excited to graduate and being able to have two of my dreams come true; walking away with a degree and a pro contract," Robinson said.
The Dragons are a member of the Germany-ProB league and the team is located in Bad Honnef, North Rhine-Westphalia. The season is set to begin in early October.
Robinson was a first-team all-conference performer as a senior after helping Utah Valley to its second straight Great West Conference championship. He averaged 9.8 points and was 13th in the nation with 10.4 rebounds per game.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48