OREM — Former Utah Valley University forward Geddes Robinson has signed to play professionally for the Dragons Rhoendorf in Germany.
Robinson, who played at UVU from 2010-12 and is the school's season and career leader in rebounds, leaves for Germany today. He graduated from Utah Valley in April with a degree in behavioral science with an emphasis in psychology.
"I'm excited to graduate and being able to have two of my dreams come true; walking away with a degree and a pro contract," Robinson said.
The Dragons are a member of the Germany-ProB league and the team is located in Bad Honnef, North Rhine-Westphalia. The season is set to begin in early October.
Robinson was a first-team all-conference performer as a senior after helping Utah Valley to its second straight Great West Conference championship. He averaged 9.8 points and was 13th in the nation with 10.4 rebounds per game.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25