OREM — Former Utah Valley University forward Geddes Robinson has signed to play professionally for the Dragons Rhoendorf in Germany.
Robinson, who played at UVU from 2010-12 and is the school's season and career leader in rebounds, leaves for Germany today. He graduated from Utah Valley in April with a degree in behavioral science with an emphasis in psychology.
"I'm excited to graduate and being able to have two of my dreams come true; walking away with a degree and a pro contract," Robinson said.
The Dragons are a member of the Germany-ProB league and the team is located in Bad Honnef, North Rhine-Westphalia. The season is set to begin in early October.
Robinson was a first-team all-conference performer as a senior after helping Utah Valley to its second straight Great West Conference championship. He averaged 9.8 points and was 13th in the nation with 10.4 rebounds per game.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 104
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19