OREM — Former Utah Valley University forward Geddes Robinson has signed to play professionally for the Dragons Rhoendorf in Germany.
Robinson, who played at UVU from 2010-12 and is the school's season and career leader in rebounds, leaves for Germany today. He graduated from Utah Valley in April with a degree in behavioral science with an emphasis in psychology.
"I'm excited to graduate and being able to have two of my dreams come true; walking away with a degree and a pro contract," Robinson said.
The Dragons are a member of the Germany-ProB league and the team is located in Bad Honnef, North Rhine-Westphalia. The season is set to begin in early October.
Robinson was a first-team all-conference performer as a senior after helping Utah Valley to its second straight Great West Conference championship. He averaged 9.8 points and was 13th in the nation with 10.4 rebounds per game.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34