KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Graham Zusi notched the winning goal and his 10th assist to lift Sporting Kansas City to a 2-1 win over D.C. United and into sole possession of first place in the Eastern Conference on Saturday night.
Teal Bunbury also scored for Sporting (13-7-4), which broke a four-match league winless streak at Livestrong Sporting Park.
United (11-8-3) looked positioned to pick up a road point until Zusi collected Kei Kamara's long cross in the 63rd minute, settled the ball at the top right corner of the penalty area and shot past goalkeeper Bill Hamid.
Nick DeLeon equalized in the 23rd minute for D.C.
FC DALLAS 3, COLORADO RAPIDS 2: At Frisco, Texas, Fabian Castillo, Jair Benitez and David Ferreira scored to keep Dallas' faint playoff hopes alive.
Dallas (6-11-8) is 3-2-1 in its last six, including two wins over Colorado, following a franchise-record 13-game winless skid. The victory allows it to leapfrog the Rapids and tie Chivas USA for sixth in the Western Conference standings, seven points behind Los Angeles for the last postseason slot.
Jaime Castrillon and Jeff Larentowicz scored for the Rapids (8-15-1), who are 1-7-0 in their last eight games and 2-10-0 on the road this season.
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES 2, SEATTLE SOUNDERS 1: At Santa Clara, Calif., In the third minute of stoppage time, Steven Lenhart headed home the game-winning goal to help the 'Quakes pull of yet another last-minute win. Freddy Montero scored in the 92nd minute, giving Seattle what looked like a stolen point on the road before Lenhart's heroics. Simon Dawkins scored in the 71st minute for San Jose.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32