KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Graham Zusi notched the winning goal and his 10th assist to lift Sporting Kansas City to a 2-1 win over D.C. United and into sole possession of first place in the Eastern Conference on Saturday night.
Teal Bunbury also scored for Sporting (13-7-4), which broke a four-match league winless streak at Livestrong Sporting Park.
United (11-8-3) looked positioned to pick up a road point until Zusi collected Kei Kamara's long cross in the 63rd minute, settled the ball at the top right corner of the penalty area and shot past goalkeeper Bill Hamid.
Nick DeLeon equalized in the 23rd minute for D.C.
FC DALLAS 3, COLORADO RAPIDS 2: At Frisco, Texas, Fabian Castillo, Jair Benitez and David Ferreira scored to keep Dallas' faint playoff hopes alive.
Dallas (6-11-8) is 3-2-1 in its last six, including two wins over Colorado, following a franchise-record 13-game winless skid. The victory allows it to leapfrog the Rapids and tie Chivas USA for sixth in the Western Conference standings, seven points behind Los Angeles for the last postseason slot.
Jaime Castrillon and Jeff Larentowicz scored for the Rapids (8-15-1), who are 1-7-0 in their last eight games and 2-10-0 on the road this season.
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES 2, SEATTLE SOUNDERS 1: At Santa Clara, Calif., In the third minute of stoppage time, Steven Lenhart headed home the game-winning goal to help the 'Quakes pull of yet another last-minute win. Freddy Montero scored in the 92nd minute, giving Seattle what looked like a stolen point on the road before Lenhart's heroics. Simon Dawkins scored in the 71st minute for San Jose.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16