NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Nashville Sounds rallied with five runs in the bottom of the eighth to knock off the Salt Lake Bees 5-3 on Saturday night.
Luis Jimenez delivered a two-run double in the top of the eighth to give the Bees a 3-0 lead.
Angels' reliever Jordan Walden entered the game to begin his rehab assignment and gave up an infield single to Logan Schafer. One out later, he hit Edwin Maysonet.
A single by Eric Farris loaded the bases and a sacrifice fly by Caleb Gindl made it 3-1.
Khris Davis followed with an RBI double to make it 3-2. Adam Russell came in for Walden and got Jordan Brown to hit a grounder to third, but Jimenez could not come up with it and the error brought home the tying run.
With Taylor Green at the plate, Russell threw a wild pitch to bring home Davis with the go-ahead run. Green would drive in an insurance run with a single to left.
Walden (0-1) went 2?3 of an inning, allowing four runs, two earned, on three hits.
Jimenez led the Bees with three hits and two runs batted in while Doug Deeds and Andrew Romine added two hits each.
Up next: at Nashville, 5:35 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- 'Meet the Mormons' missionary, Anthony...
- BYU football: Kai Nacua looking forward after...
- BYU basketball: National experts weigh in on...
- Lexi Eaton scores 30, including game-winner,...
- Breaking down the field: West Coast...
- Utes struggle, survive scare but eventually...
- BYU looking to get off bubble, into NCAA...
- Doug Robinson: Enes Kanter trade a win-win so...
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 79
- Utes struggle, survive scare but... 53
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 52
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 45
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 43
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- BYU football: Kai Nacua looking forward... 38