NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Nashville Sounds rallied with five runs in the bottom of the eighth to knock off the Salt Lake Bees 5-3 on Saturday night.
Luis Jimenez delivered a two-run double in the top of the eighth to give the Bees a 3-0 lead.
Angels' reliever Jordan Walden entered the game to begin his rehab assignment and gave up an infield single to Logan Schafer. One out later, he hit Edwin Maysonet.
A single by Eric Farris loaded the bases and a sacrifice fly by Caleb Gindl made it 3-1.
Khris Davis followed with an RBI double to make it 3-2. Adam Russell came in for Walden and got Jordan Brown to hit a grounder to third, but Jimenez could not come up with it and the error brought home the tying run.
With Taylor Green at the plate, Russell threw a wild pitch to bring home Davis with the go-ahead run. Green would drive in an insurance run with a single to left.
Walden (0-1) went 2?3 of an inning, allowing four runs, two earned, on three hits.
Jimenez led the Bees with three hits and two runs batted in while Doug Deeds and Andrew Romine added two hits each.
Up next: at Nashville, 5:35 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- Ranking the 26 Utah ties selected in the NFL...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of the...
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- High school track: Orem boys, Millard girls...
- Boxing champ Gene Fullmer: An ordinary family...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Utahns in baseball: Ex-Utah pitcher Tyler...
- Brad Rock: Utah-BYU rivalry will... 166
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 83
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 45
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 39
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 37
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 37
- BYU's 2015 bowl destination could be... 32