NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Nashville Sounds rallied with five runs in the bottom of the eighth to knock off the Salt Lake Bees 5-3 on Saturday night.
Luis Jimenez delivered a two-run double in the top of the eighth to give the Bees a 3-0 lead.
Angels' reliever Jordan Walden entered the game to begin his rehab assignment and gave up an infield single to Logan Schafer. One out later, he hit Edwin Maysonet.
A single by Eric Farris loaded the bases and a sacrifice fly by Caleb Gindl made it 3-1.
Khris Davis followed with an RBI double to make it 3-2. Adam Russell came in for Walden and got Jordan Brown to hit a grounder to third, but Jimenez could not come up with it and the error brought home the tying run.
With Taylor Green at the plate, Russell threw a wild pitch to bring home Davis with the go-ahead run. Green would drive in an insurance run with a single to left.
Walden (0-1) went 2?3 of an inning, allowing four runs, two earned, on three hits.
Jimenez led the Bees with three hits and two runs batted in while Doug Deeds and Andrew Romine added two hits each.
Up next: at Nashville, 5:35 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Perseverance pays off for Taele, a big...
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- BYU football notebook: Running back position...
- High school football: Parry's Power Guide for...
- Dick Harmon: Want drama? Storylines galore?...
- BYU football: This Nephi played a role in...
- Tempers flare in Jazz's physical overtime win...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 61
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 52
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 45
- Utah Utes football: The California... 28
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 25
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22