NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Nashville Sounds rallied with five runs in the bottom of the eighth to knock off the Salt Lake Bees 5-3 on Saturday night.
Luis Jimenez delivered a two-run double in the top of the eighth to give the Bees a 3-0 lead.
Angels' reliever Jordan Walden entered the game to begin his rehab assignment and gave up an infield single to Logan Schafer. One out later, he hit Edwin Maysonet.
A single by Eric Farris loaded the bases and a sacrifice fly by Caleb Gindl made it 3-1.
Khris Davis followed with an RBI double to make it 3-2. Adam Russell came in for Walden and got Jordan Brown to hit a grounder to third, but Jimenez could not come up with it and the error brought home the tying run.
With Taylor Green at the plate, Russell threw a wild pitch to bring home Davis with the go-ahead run. Green would drive in an insurance run with a single to left.
Walden (0-1) went 2?3 of an inning, allowing four runs, two earned, on three hits.
Jimenez led the Bees with three hits and two runs batted in while Doug Deeds and Andrew Romine added two hits each.
Up next: at Nashville, 5:35 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 50
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 46
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12