NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Nashville Sounds rallied with five runs in the bottom of the eighth to knock off the Salt Lake Bees 5-3 on Saturday night.
Luis Jimenez delivered a two-run double in the top of the eighth to give the Bees a 3-0 lead.
Angels' reliever Jordan Walden entered the game to begin his rehab assignment and gave up an infield single to Logan Schafer. One out later, he hit Edwin Maysonet.
A single by Eric Farris loaded the bases and a sacrifice fly by Caleb Gindl made it 3-1.
Khris Davis followed with an RBI double to make it 3-2. Adam Russell came in for Walden and got Jordan Brown to hit a grounder to third, but Jimenez could not come up with it and the error brought home the tying run.
With Taylor Green at the plate, Russell threw a wild pitch to bring home Davis with the go-ahead run. Green would drive in an insurance run with a single to left.
Walden (0-1) went 2?3 of an inning, allowing four runs, two earned, on three hits.
Jimenez led the Bees with three hits and two runs batted in while Doug Deeds and Andrew Romine added two hits each.
Up next: at Nashville, 5:35 p.m. today
Next homestand: Saturday-Aug. 21 vs. Colorado Springs
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Virginia gearing up for big road test at No....
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron in...
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 133
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 101
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 52
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 48