Utah Utes football: Trevor Reilly ready to rattle opposing offenses
"He's does everything and he's got a lot of confidence. He thinks he can do everything. He thinks he can punt, kick field goals, that he can do it all," Sitake explained. "But I love his attitude. I love his demeanor on the field. His teammates love him. He's got some weird things about him but we all love it."
Reilly's appearance has drawn notice. He grew a big beard last year and now has a straggly goatee.
"I'm not going to cut it unless we get on a losing streak, which I hope we really don't," Reilly said. "Hopefully you'll see it down to here (pointing to his mid-section) this season."
While acknowledging that Reilly likes to come up with a new style every 4-5 months, Whittingham is a fan of the current arrangement. Especially, he noted, if the facial hair reaches ZZ Top-esque length based on Utah's success on the football field.
Reilly is determined to do his part, regardless of whether it's at linebacker or defensive end.
"There's a little more pressure on me because I've got to learn the spots but it's good because I can learn the defense better," he said. "I just want to win. So wherever they want me to play I'll play."
And that's not all.
"It's fun," Reilly said. "It's fun to be alive and playing ball."
Utah camp report
Day 9: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said the Utes got a lot of work done Saturday morning. However, he noted they still have a lot of things to work on when preseason camp resumes Monday.
Standouts: While acknowledging he sounds like a "broken record," Whittingham once again singled out performances by running back John White and defensive tackle Star Lotulelei. Whittingham also noted that freshman quarterback Travis Wilson continued to close the gap.
Injuries: Nothing new reported.
Overheard: "We're getting good effort and they're trying hard." — Whittingham
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Morning links: ESPN's Chad Ford draft...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 99
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 62
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 56
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21