The Olympic moment
David Boudia won America's first gold in diving since 2000, edging China's Qiu Bo by 1.08 points during the 10-meter platform competition. It was the first gold by an American man since the late Mark Lenzi in '92.
Placed 14th in the men's 5,000 meters with a time of 13:51.87. The SUU runner's best time was in a preliminary heat, 13:18.29.
"We're not normal. To run 36 is not normal. We're flying. People call us robots. I said, no, we're from space. … I'm from Mars because I'm not normal."
Jamaica's Yohan Blake on the 4x100-meter world record.
U.S. vs. Spain, 8 a.m. on NBC
Reasons to watch: LeBron James and Team USA take on Spain and the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 52
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 43