NASHVILLE — The Nashville Sounds rallied to score two runs in the bottom of the ninth inning to edge the Salt Lake Bees 2-1 on Friday night.
With one out, Bees' reliever Ryan Brasier gave up a walk to the Sounds' Jordan Brown. He advanced to third on a single to right by Khris Davis and scored the tying run on Taylor Green's single to right field. After Brasier struck out Sean Halton, Andrew Taylor came on to pitch for Salt Lake. He walked Caleb Gindl to load the bases and missed inside on a 3-2 slider to Humberto Quintero to force home the winning run for Nashville. Brasier (6-2) took the loss, which snapped the Bees' seven game winning streak.
CHUKARS 12, OWLZ 5: At Idaho Falls, Wade Hinkle hit a first-inning home run for Orem, but the Chukars scored four first-inning runs of their own and added five more in the fifth to win handily in their Pioneer League matchup.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23