Our take: United States athletes have had chaplains for counsel and comfort since the 1988 Olympics. Here is an interesting profile on one of the chaplains, who was an Olympic athlete herself, helping athletes at 2012 Games in London.
London — Madeline Manning Mims has a message for the athletes at the London Olympics.
"They are loved. They are a part of humanity in a very special way and what they do matters," Mims said.
She's not talking about being loved by the fans - she's talking about being loved by God.
Mims is a gospel singer and a sports chaplain, and she's no stranger to the Olympics.
Read more about Gold medalist returns to Olympics as spiritual guide on CNN.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 9
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 4
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3