Our take: United States athletes have had chaplains for counsel and comfort since the 1988 Olympics. Here is an interesting profile on one of the chaplains, who was an Olympic athlete herself, helping athletes at 2012 Games in London.
London — Madeline Manning Mims has a message for the athletes at the London Olympics.
"They are loved. They are a part of humanity in a very special way and what they do matters," Mims said.
She's not talking about being loved by the fans - she's talking about being loved by God.
Mims is a gospel singer and a sports chaplain, and she's no stranger to the Olympics.
Read more about Gold medalist returns to Olympics as spiritual guide on CNN.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 40
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10