PHILADELPHIA — Andy Reid was welcomed back to the sideline with a standing ovation and chants of "Andy! Andy! Andy!"
Then the Philadelphia Eagles gave their grieving coach a small reason to smile. Reid coached the Eagles just two days after his 29-year-old son's funeral.
Alex Henery kicked a 51-yard field goal with 12 seconds left to lift the Eagles to a 24-23 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in their preseason opener Thursday night.
RAVENS 31, FALCONS 17: At Atlanta, Baltimore backup Curtis Painter threw three second-half touchdown passes.
PATRIOTS 7, SAINTS 6: At Foxborough, Mass., Will Smith crunched Tom Brady from behind, forcing a fumble in the first quarter.
REDSKINS 7, BILLS 6: At Orchard Park, N.Y., Robert Griffin III needed only three passes on his third and final drive to show glimpses of stardom in his much-anticipated NFL preseason debut.
CHARGERS 21, PACKERS 13: At San Diego, Shannon Eastin became the first woman to officiate an NFL game and Philip Rivers had a touchdown, an interception and a fumble in limited action for the Chargers.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 78
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20