PHILADELPHIA — Andy Reid was welcomed back to the sideline with a standing ovation and chants of "Andy! Andy! Andy!"
Then the Philadelphia Eagles gave their grieving coach a small reason to smile. Reid coached the Eagles just two days after his 29-year-old son's funeral.
Alex Henery kicked a 51-yard field goal with 12 seconds left to lift the Eagles to a 24-23 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in their preseason opener Thursday night.
RAVENS 31, FALCONS 17: At Atlanta, Baltimore backup Curtis Painter threw three second-half touchdown passes.
PATRIOTS 7, SAINTS 6: At Foxborough, Mass., Will Smith crunched Tom Brady from behind, forcing a fumble in the first quarter.
REDSKINS 7, BILLS 6: At Orchard Park, N.Y., Robert Griffin III needed only three passes on his third and final drive to show glimpses of stardom in his much-anticipated NFL preseason debut.
CHARGERS 21, PACKERS 13: At San Diego, Shannon Eastin became the first woman to officiate an NFL game and Philip Rivers had a touchdown, an interception and a fumble in limited action for the Chargers.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21