Gerardo Mora, Getty Images
I find it distasteful to see and hear campaign ads that attempt to smear their rivals. The core of any election should be how they would work for their constituents to make their lives better in better surroundings.
I want my councilman, mayor. governor, representative, senator and president to work for me and make my life, as well as my family's, better and to use my tax dollars to establish these goals. We are blessed to live in a country where we can disagree with our leaders and vote them out of office if and when they think of themselves before me and my fellow neighbors.
Let our candidates stick to facts rather than "innuendos" and smear tactics. I want these leaders to make my life worthwhile and spend our tax money to make this happen.
Salt Lake City
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 103
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 28