Gerardo Mora, Getty Images
I find it distasteful to see and hear campaign ads that attempt to smear their rivals. The core of any election should be how they would work for their constituents to make their lives better in better surroundings.
I want my councilman, mayor. governor, representative, senator and president to work for me and make my life, as well as my family's, better and to use my tax dollars to establish these goals. We are blessed to live in a country where we can disagree with our leaders and vote them out of office if and when they think of themselves before me and my fellow neighbors.
Let our candidates stick to facts rather than "innuendos" and smear tactics. I want these leaders to make my life worthwhile and spend our tax money to make this happen.
Salt Lake City
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18