Gerardo Mora, Getty Images
I find it distasteful to see and hear campaign ads that attempt to smear their rivals. The core of any election should be how they would work for their constituents to make their lives better in better surroundings.
I want my councilman, mayor. governor, representative, senator and president to work for me and make my life, as well as my family's, better and to use my tax dollars to establish these goals. We are blessed to live in a country where we can disagree with our leaders and vote them out of office if and when they think of themselves before me and my fellow neighbors.
Let our candidates stick to facts rather than "innuendos" and smear tactics. I want these leaders to make my life worthwhile and spend our tax money to make this happen.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19