Gerardo Mora, Getty Images
I find it distasteful to see and hear campaign ads that attempt to smear their rivals. The core of any election should be how they would work for their constituents to make their lives better in better surroundings.
I want my councilman, mayor. governor, representative, senator and president to work for me and make my life, as well as my family's, better and to use my tax dollars to establish these goals. We are blessed to live in a country where we can disagree with our leaders and vote them out of office if and when they think of themselves before me and my fellow neighbors.
Let our candidates stick to facts rather than "innuendos" and smear tactics. I want these leaders to make my life worthwhile and spend our tax money to make this happen.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13