Gerardo Mora, Getty Images
I find it distasteful to see and hear campaign ads that attempt to smear their rivals. The core of any election should be how they would work for their constituents to make their lives better in better surroundings.
I want my councilman, mayor. governor, representative, senator and president to work for me and make my life, as well as my family's, better and to use my tax dollars to establish these goals. We are blessed to live in a country where we can disagree with our leaders and vote them out of office if and when they think of themselves before me and my fellow neighbors.
Let our candidates stick to facts rather than "innuendos" and smear tactics. I want these leaders to make my life worthwhile and spend our tax money to make this happen.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Why religious organizations should be...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32