Letter: Mitt Romney declined salary while Gov., Obamas spend taxpayer money on vacations
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Let's play quid pro quo with the Romney tax returns. If President Obama releases (and only after he releases) his college transcripts, his scholarship application as a foreign student, his Social Security application from the state of Connecticut, then Romney should release his tax returns.
And let's add dollars contributed to charity for both candidates over the past 10 years. It seems to me that a governor who took no salary during his term of office in Massachusetts, no salary as head of the Salt Lake City Olympics is far superior ethically to a president who allows his wife to spend a lot of taxpayer money in four years on vacations.
Frank C. Overfelt
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue —...
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- My view: Herbert should pick law interpreter
- In our opinion: Protecting the church from...
- Letter: Waiving rights
- In our opinion: SAGE advice — Act now...
- My view: Crony capitalism is usurping control