Letter: Mitt Romney declined salary while Gov., Obamas spend taxpayer money on vacations
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Let's play quid pro quo with the Romney tax returns. If President Obama releases (and only after he releases) his college transcripts, his scholarship application as a foreign student, his Social Security application from the state of Connecticut, then Romney should release his tax returns.
And let's add dollars contributed to charity for both candidates over the past 10 years. It seems to me that a governor who took no salary during his term of office in Massachusetts, no salary as head of the Salt Lake City Olympics is far superior ethically to a president who allows his wife to spend a lot of taxpayer money in four years on vacations.
Frank C. Overfelt
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating merits of...
- Letter: Social judges?
- Letter: No cash deposits
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Lois M. Collins: If rioters sincerely want...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 69
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 49
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 30
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 25
- Letter: No cash deposits 23