Letter: Mitt Romney declined salary while Gov., Obamas spend taxpayer money on vacations
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Let's play quid pro quo with the Romney tax returns. If President Obama releases (and only after he releases) his college transcripts, his scholarship application as a foreign student, his Social Security application from the state of Connecticut, then Romney should release his tax returns.
And let's add dollars contributed to charity for both candidates over the past 10 years. It seems to me that a governor who took no salary during his term of office in Massachusetts, no salary as head of the Salt Lake City Olympics is far superior ethically to a president who allows his wife to spend a lot of taxpayer money in four years on vacations.
Frank C. Overfelt
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Fredric Rolando: U.S. Postal Service still...
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts bank...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- Letter: We can do better
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 55
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 19
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 17