Letter: Mitt Romney declined salary while Gov., Obamas spend taxpayer money on vacations
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Let's play quid pro quo with the Romney tax returns. If President Obama releases (and only after he releases) his college transcripts, his scholarship application as a foreign student, his Social Security application from the state of Connecticut, then Romney should release his tax returns.
And let's add dollars contributed to charity for both candidates over the past 10 years. It seems to me that a governor who took no salary during his term of office in Massachusetts, no salary as head of the Salt Lake City Olympics is far superior ethically to a president who allows his wife to spend a lot of taxpayer money in four years on vacations.
Frank C. Overfelt
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9