Letter: Mitt Romney declined salary while Gov., Obamas spend taxpayer money on vacations
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Let's play quid pro quo with the Romney tax returns. If President Obama releases (and only after he releases) his college transcripts, his scholarship application as a foreign student, his Social Security application from the state of Connecticut, then Romney should release his tax returns.
And let's add dollars contributed to charity for both candidates over the past 10 years. It seems to me that a governor who took no salary during his term of office in Massachusetts, no salary as head of the Salt Lake City Olympics is far superior ethically to a president who allows his wife to spend a lot of taxpayer money in four years on vacations.
Frank C. Overfelt
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 59
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 55
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 47
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 38