Letter: Mitt Romney declined salary while Gov., Obamas spend taxpayer money on vacations
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Let's play quid pro quo with the Romney tax returns. If President Obama releases (and only after he releases) his college transcripts, his scholarship application as a foreign student, his Social Security application from the state of Connecticut, then Romney should release his tax returns.
And let's add dollars contributed to charity for both candidates over the past 10 years. It seems to me that a governor who took no salary during his term of office in Massachusetts, no salary as head of the Salt Lake City Olympics is far superior ethically to a president who allows his wife to spend a lot of taxpayer money in four years on vacations.
Frank C. Overfelt
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Why religious organizations should be...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32