Letter: Mitt Romney declined salary while Gov., Obamas spend taxpayer money on vacations
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Let's play quid pro quo with the Romney tax returns. If President Obama releases (and only after he releases) his college transcripts, his scholarship application as a foreign student, his Social Security application from the state of Connecticut, then Romney should release his tax returns.
And let's add dollars contributed to charity for both candidates over the past 10 years. It seems to me that a governor who took no salary during his term of office in Massachusetts, no salary as head of the Salt Lake City Olympics is far superior ethically to a president who allows his wife to spend a lot of taxpayer money in four years on vacations.
Frank C. Overfelt
- Letter: Creating social outcasts 40
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah's water 25
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Don't wait for politicians 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21
- In our opinion: A social take on the... 20