I was relieved to read a letter in the paper recently about the opening ceremonies at the Olympic Games ("London's opening nonsense," Aug. 3). The writer's opinion matched my own.
I was so looking forward to a great presentation but was so disappointed with them. Beijing was wonderful. I thought that London's was a conglomerate, which didn't make a lot of sense. People running around; ground and grass towers coming up from the ground.
The final straw was the celebration of the National Health Service, or NHS. My husband lived in England for two years many years ago, and NHS was frightening. Why would a country want to celebrate "socialized medicine." Thank goodness for an off button on our television.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 53
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 49
- Letter: Erratic protests 31
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23