I was relieved to read a letter in the paper recently about the opening ceremonies at the Olympic Games ("London's opening nonsense," Aug. 3). The writer's opinion matched my own.
I was so looking forward to a great presentation but was so disappointed with them. Beijing was wonderful. I thought that London's was a conglomerate, which didn't make a lot of sense. People running around; ground and grass towers coming up from the ground.
The final straw was the celebration of the National Health Service, or NHS. My husband lived in England for two years many years ago, and NHS was frightening. Why would a country want to celebrate "socialized medicine." Thank goodness for an off button on our television.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 45
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 37
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 33
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22