I was relieved to read a letter in the paper recently about the opening ceremonies at the Olympic Games ("London's opening nonsense," Aug. 3). The writer's opinion matched my own.
I was so looking forward to a great presentation but was so disappointed with them. Beijing was wonderful. I thought that London's was a conglomerate, which didn't make a lot of sense. People running around; ground and grass towers coming up from the ground.
The final straw was the celebration of the National Health Service, or NHS. My husband lived in England for two years many years ago, and NHS was frightening. Why would a country want to celebrate "socialized medicine." Thank goodness for an off button on our television.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29