Andrew Medichini, Associated Press
LONDON — Maxim Mikhaylov scored 13 points and Russia defeated Poland in straight sets Wednesday advance to the men's volleyball semifinals at the London Olympics.
Dmitriy Muserskiy added 12 points in the 25-17, 25-23, 25-21 victory for second-ranked Russia, which will play the winner of Wednesday night's late match between Bulgaria and Germany on Friday.
Zbigniew Bartman scored 14 points for No. 3 Poland, cheered by the mass of supporters who have been to every match at Earls Court, singing and chanting "Polska! Polska!"
With the victory, Russia takes a 3-2 advantage over Poland in Olympic matches.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37