Andrew Medichini, Associated Press
LONDON — Maxim Mikhaylov scored 13 points and Russia defeated Poland in straight sets Wednesday advance to the men's volleyball semifinals at the London Olympics.
Dmitriy Muserskiy added 12 points in the 25-17, 25-23, 25-21 victory for second-ranked Russia, which will play the winner of Wednesday night's late match between Bulgaria and Germany on Friday.
Zbigniew Bartman scored 14 points for No. 3 Poland, cheered by the mass of supporters who have been to every match at Earls Court, singing and chanting "Polska! Polska!"
With the victory, Russia takes a 3-2 advantage over Poland in Olympic matches.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28