Andrew Medichini, Associated Press
LONDON — Maxim Mikhaylov scored 13 points and Russia defeated Poland in straight sets Wednesday advance to the men's volleyball semifinals at the London Olympics.
Dmitriy Muserskiy added 12 points in the 25-17, 25-23, 25-21 victory for second-ranked Russia, which will play the winner of Wednesday night's late match between Bulgaria and Germany on Friday.
Zbigniew Bartman scored 14 points for No. 3 Poland, cheered by the mass of supporters who have been to every match at Earls Court, singing and chanting "Polska! Polska!"
With the victory, Russia takes a 3-2 advantage over Poland in Olympic matches.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35