No, David Petraeus will not be Mitt Romney's running mate
Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Press
Our take: In yet another veepstakes proclamation, The Drudge Report Tuesday announced CIA Director David Petraeus was wanted by Mitt Romney to be the presumptive GOP candidate's vice presidential pick. The news clearly struck a chord with Fred Kaplan from Slate, who counterpointed with his own piece: 'No, Gen. David Petraeus Will Not Be Mitt Romneys Running Mate. Here are seven reasons why.'
"The notion that David Petraeus might be Mitt Romney's running mate — the banner headline on the Drudge Report Tuesday — is preposterous on at least seven levels. Lets look at them, one by one."
Read more about No, Gen. David Petraeus Will Not Be Mitt Romney's Running Mate on Slate.
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows 'deep...
- All families need to have the financial 'talk'
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Be ready for 'prolonged' Gaza war, Netanyahu...
- Federal land managers criticized over...
- Police team turns back from Ukraine crash site
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 14
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13