No, David Petraeus will not be Mitt Romney's running mate
Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Press
Our take: In yet another veepstakes proclamation, The Drudge Report Tuesday announced CIA Director David Petraeus was wanted by Mitt Romney to be the presumptive GOP candidate's vice presidential pick. The news clearly struck a chord with Fred Kaplan from Slate, who counterpointed with his own piece: 'No, Gen. David Petraeus Will Not Be Mitt Romneys Running Mate. Here are seven reasons why.'
"The notion that David Petraeus might be Mitt Romney's running mate — the banner headline on the Drudge Report Tuesday — is preposterous on at least seven levels. Lets look at them, one by one."
Read more about No, Gen. David Petraeus Will Not Be Mitt Romney's Running Mate on Slate.
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,...
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Interior secretary promised no surprise new...
- Utah Supreme Court rules in favor of Draper...
- Ex-VA doctor: Phoenix report a 'whitewash'
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 18
- Lawmakers, critics debate... 16
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 16
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 14
- Interior secretary promised no surprise... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12