No, David Petraeus will not be Mitt Romney's running mate
Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Press
Our take: In yet another veepstakes proclamation, The Drudge Report Tuesday announced CIA Director David Petraeus was wanted by Mitt Romney to be the presumptive GOP candidate's vice presidential pick. The news clearly struck a chord with Fred Kaplan from Slate, who counterpointed with his own piece: 'No, Gen. David Petraeus Will Not Be Mitt Romneys Running Mate. Here are seven reasons why.'
"The notion that David Petraeus might be Mitt Romney's running mate — the banner headline on the Drudge Report Tuesday — is preposterous on at least seven levels. Lets look at them, one by one."
Read more about No, Gen. David Petraeus Will Not Be Mitt Romney's Running Mate on Slate.
- Turkey-Russia spat over downed Russian...
- White House undergoes holiday lockdown after...
- Obama admin says states lack authority to...
- Carson visiting Syrian refugees in Jordan
- France honors attack victims in city subdued...
- Utah lawmakers eyeing early childhood education
- 200 gather at Utah Capitol in support of...
- Security steps in Paris, Brussels, may be...
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 34
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Obama pledges solidarity with France,... 19
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 17
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from... 10
- Pfizer, Allergan $160B deal forms... 7
- Ex A.G. John Swallow wants FBI, DOJ... 7
- New barriers, other security measures... 5