I wish I could understand the fascination the Deseret News seems to have for Islam. It seems that several times each month, if not nearly weekly, there is a big, positive story about Islam and all of its great attributes. Since Muslims are such a small percentage of our population, why all the newsprint?
I have just as much interest learning about Shintos, Ba'Hais, Jews, Baptists, Catholics or Hindus, to name a few.
Since 9/11, it seems that we bend over backward to show tolerance towards Muslims. Why not show this same acceptance to all?
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15