Our take: If the 'forward-looking metrics' Gallup used in a new poll are to be believed, Utah will be the best state to live in the future.
Utah does best in part because it is among the top two best-performing states for low smoking habits, ease of finding clean and safe water, having supervisors who treat workers like a partner rather than a boss, learning something new or interesting on any given day, and perceptions that your city or area are "getting better" rather than "getting worse."
What You May Have Missed
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11