Our take: The Drudge Report has created buzz before when it comes to Mitt Romney's possible vice president selection, but an insider assures that the push for Gen. David Petraeus is real. However, it seems legitimate sources from the White House and even Petraeus himself may think otherwise.
President Obama whispered to a top fundraiser this week that he believes GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney wants to name Gen. David Petraeus to the VP slot!
Petraeus, the current Central Intelligence Agency director who previously served as the top commander in Iraq and Afghanistan, has repeatedly stated that he has no aspirations to political office.
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Can public officials refuse to perform...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 18
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 16
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14