WEST VALLEY CITY — Utah native Trevor Lewis will bring the Stanley Cup home on Aug. 30.
The Los Angeles Kings center will take the cup to the Maverik Center and the public will have the opportunity to meet Lewis and take photos with him and the cup from noon to 2 p.m. In addition, several other events will be going on at the arena as the Grizzlies host a kickoff to the 2012-2013 hockey season. There will be a dunk tank in which local ECHL linesmen will be participating; a puck shoot and a roller hockey rink will be set up in the Maverik Center parking lot. Food will be available and live music will be emceed by Jimmy Chunga from 101.9 The End.
— Deseret News staff and wire services
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34