WEST VALLEY CITY — Utah native Trevor Lewis will bring the Stanley Cup home on Aug. 30.
The Los Angeles Kings center will take the cup to the Maverik Center and the public will have the opportunity to meet Lewis and take photos with him and the cup from noon to 2 p.m. In addition, several other events will be going on at the arena as the Grizzlies host a kickoff to the 2012-2013 hockey season. There will be a dunk tank in which local ECHL linesmen will be participating; a puck shoot and a roller hockey rink will be set up in the Maverik Center parking lot. Food will be available and live music will be emceed by Jimmy Chunga from 101.9 The End.
— Deseret News staff and wire services
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43