Eighty-four-year-old woman ministers on the streets of New York City for 40 years and counting
Our take: Irma Moraes has dedicated her life to preaching the gospel and ministering to people who are hurt, lost and searching on the streets of New York City for 40 years, and she has no plans to stop, despite being 84 years old. Although Times Square is no longer an area full of crime and is much more tourist friendly than when Moraes began 40 years ago, she never let the circumstances deter her from what she felt God called her to do.
Christians are commanded to go into all the world and preach the gospel.
Recently, CBN News met an 84-year-old New York woman who's taken that mandate to heart. She's been ministering on the streets of Manhattan for decades.
Times Square is famous for its bright lights and Broadway shows. But beneath the neon glow, you'll find Irma Moraes, who has dedicated her life to pointing people to the true light of the world.
For more than 40 years, she's handed out tracts in the Big Apple and told people about Jesus.
"Why did you decide to do this?" CBN New asked Moraes.
"God told me to do this," she replied.
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- 18 must-see attractions on and around Temple...
- 'Amazed by Grace' by Sheri Dew explores...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 148
- Why I don’t call myself a... 91
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 61
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 26
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 11