SALT LAKE CITY — When it comes to baseball, it's all about finishing the game.
Sunday was a perfect example of a great finish, as the Bees bullpen held onto a two-run lead that was the difference in a 6-4 victory at Spring Mobile Ballpark.
The Salt Lake bullpen took over in the seventh inning, and were able to hold Oklahoma City scoreless through the game's final innings to lift the Bees to a fourth consecutive victory.
"(Matt) Meyer got off to a shaky start, but then he got that strikeout and the double play ball, so it was a good outing," said Bees manager Keith Johnson. "And then Bobby (Cassevah) came in and did a great job in the ninth inning for us."
It was the seventh win through eight games for Salt Lake, who continue playing solid baseball in the final stretch of the 2012 PCL season.
Making sure his players are in good health is top priority for the Bees manager, who stressed the importance of the Angels roster staying injury free and about wins coming from both teams every night.
"The ultimate goal is for our big league team to win, which is what we are trying to do here," said Johnson. "It's about getting these guys ready to play for Scioscia, so when those opportunities arise they are ready."
NOTEBOOK: RHP Barry Enright was back in action Sunday, after delivering a complete game shutout in his last outing. Enright pitched seven innings with six hits, four earned runs and three strikeouts before Johnson reached into the bullpen for LHP Matt Meyer. "Ever since we've had Barry, he's done a fantastic job for us. It just seems likes there are one or two innings where he kind of finds a little bit of trouble," said Johnson. "Then he got through that sixth inning real well, so we sent him back out for the seventh and after the four pitch walk we decided to let our bullpen come in and try to shut it down for us."
ATTENDANCE: A crowd of 4,619 baseball fans gathered at the ballpark, where the home team delivered with a performance worthy of the faithful.
- High school football: Reigning Mr. Football...
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- Ready to roll: US national soccer team ready...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their own...
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art...
- Brad Rock: Taking American soccer to heart
- Twitter reaction: U.S. men's soccer team...
- Utah Jazz: Possible Jazz draftee Michael...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 151
- High school football: Reigning Mr.... 47
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and... 29
- Phil Steele ranks USU 2nd-most... 28
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 21
- Austin Collie's workout with San... 18
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Unprecedented... 18
- Utes basketball: Utah conducting... 12