Importance of training
Reynolds said the knowledge, networking and personal growth she gained from her leadership program at Nonprofit Learning Point have been invaluable.
"It encouraged me to take on new challenges and helped me with starting my own nonprofit consulting business," she said. "It has been wonderful."
One of the most beneficial aspects of Reynold's training was hearing nonprofit CEOs talk about their experiences. She also appreciated the opportunity for self-exploration and evaluation.
"It was a great chance to learn about leadership skills and identify my strengths and weaknesses," Reynolds said. "It was really eye-opening to take assessments and see how I could grow and improve."
One of the most important things current leaders can do is to understand the true potential of their employees and not underestimate their skills or abilities, Nayak said.
"It's not just looking at how they are performing day-to-day but looking at what they want to do and what their strengths are," she said. "It sends a clear message that leaders who are there now care about development, and that is incredibly powerful for people at all levels."
That was another key takeaway for Reynolds, who said her leadership development program also instilled a confidence in her and encouraged her to strive for her maximum capability.
"I realized that I could take on new challenges," Reynolds said. "I was put on a new path where I felt challenged and I felt like I was growing."
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Senate committee snuffs out e-cigarettes...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- House, Senate still struggling over budget
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 55
- National, local businesses file briefs... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 31
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 19
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 18