Importance of training
Reynolds said the knowledge, networking and personal growth she gained from her leadership program at Nonprofit Learning Point have been invaluable.
"It encouraged me to take on new challenges and helped me with starting my own nonprofit consulting business," she said. "It has been wonderful."
One of the most beneficial aspects of Reynold's training was hearing nonprofit CEOs talk about their experiences. She also appreciated the opportunity for self-exploration and evaluation.
"It was a great chance to learn about leadership skills and identify my strengths and weaknesses," Reynolds said. "It was really eye-opening to take assessments and see how I could grow and improve."
One of the most important things current leaders can do is to understand the true potential of their employees and not underestimate their skills or abilities, Nayak said.
"It's not just looking at how they are performing day-to-day but looking at what they want to do and what their strengths are," she said. "It sends a clear message that leaders who are there now care about development, and that is incredibly powerful for people at all levels."
That was another key takeaway for Reynolds, who said her leadership development program also instilled a confidence in her and encouraged her to strive for her maximum capability.
"I realized that I could take on new challenges," Reynolds said. "I was put on a new path where I felt challenged and I felt like I was growing."
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 21
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 12
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 10
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah... 9
- 1,200 gather in Salt Lake, take part in... 8