PROVO — The Utah County Sheriff's office is being allowed to spend $200,000 to update and replace equipment like bulletproof vests and ammunition for training.
Utah County Commissioners approved the spending last week. The money is from a sheriff's office reserve and the office needs approval from commissioners before using it.
The Provo Daily Herald reports that the sheriff's office will also use the money for maintenance on an airplane the department uses.
Undersheriff Mike Forshee says the expenditures are for things the department has done without since 2008.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Q-and-A with Val Hale: a 'pretty...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10