PROVO — The Utah County Sheriff's office is being allowed to spend $200,000 to update and replace equipment like bulletproof vests and ammunition for training.
Utah County Commissioners approved the spending last week. The money is from a sheriff's office reserve and the office needs approval from commissioners before using it.
The Provo Daily Herald reports that the sheriff's office will also use the money for maintenance on an airplane the department uses.
Undersheriff Mike Forshee says the expenditures are for things the department has done without since 2008.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15