PROVO — The Utah County Sheriff's office is being allowed to spend $200,000 to update and replace equipment like bulletproof vests and ammunition for training.
Utah County Commissioners approved the spending last week. The money is from a sheriff's office reserve and the office needs approval from commissioners before using it.
The Provo Daily Herald reports that the sheriff's office will also use the money for maintenance on an airplane the department uses.
Undersheriff Mike Forshee says the expenditures are for things the department has done without since 2008.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12