President Obama's statement, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that," is further evidence that, to him, the federal government is a magical make-believe land where money grows endlessly on trees. He doesn't seem to realize where the money comes from to build "that."
A business owner pays taxes, his employees pay taxes and the business pays taxes — that's how all of "that" was paid for when it was built. Every business owner, in fact every taxpayer, can rightfully claim, "Yes, I've got a business, I pay taxes and I did build that."
Jan M. Levi
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 34
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19