President Obama's statement, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that," is further evidence that, to him, the federal government is a magical make-believe land where money grows endlessly on trees. He doesn't seem to realize where the money comes from to build "that."
A business owner pays taxes, his employees pay taxes and the business pays taxes — that's how all of "that" was paid for when it was built. Every business owner, in fact every taxpayer, can rightfully claim, "Yes, I've got a business, I pay taxes and I did build that."
Jan M. Levi
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- My View: Protecting Moab through a Master...
- Arthur Cyr: How Harry Potter creator trumps...
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- In our opinion: Drone use must be regulated...
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner Trump...
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic economics in...
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment 93
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 43
- Letter: Climate change disagreements 42
- Letter: Knowledge about guns 30
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic... 28
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner... 25
- In our opinion: California considering... 22