President Obama's statement, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that," is further evidence that, to him, the federal government is a magical make-believe land where money grows endlessly on trees. He doesn't seem to realize where the money comes from to build "that."
A business owner pays taxes, his employees pay taxes and the business pays taxes — that's how all of "that" was paid for when it was built. Every business owner, in fact every taxpayer, can rightfully claim, "Yes, I've got a business, I pay taxes and I did build that."
Jan M. Levi
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38