President Obama's statement, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that," is further evidence that, to him, the federal government is a magical make-believe land where money grows endlessly on trees. He doesn't seem to realize where the money comes from to build "that."
A business owner pays taxes, his employees pay taxes and the business pays taxes — that's how all of "that" was paid for when it was built. Every business owner, in fact every taxpayer, can rightfully claim, "Yes, I've got a business, I pay taxes and I did build that."
Jan M. Levi
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 66
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23