President Obama's statement, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that," is further evidence that, to him, the federal government is a magical make-believe land where money grows endlessly on trees. He doesn't seem to realize where the money comes from to build "that."
A business owner pays taxes, his employees pay taxes and the business pays taxes — that's how all of "that" was paid for when it was built. Every business owner, in fact every taxpayer, can rightfully claim, "Yes, I've got a business, I pay taxes and I did build that."
Jan M. Levi
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15